GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M4ttV

Software Update

Had this on both my Golf 8s. Happens at various locations. now got 1668, but not fixed. Only way to stop it happening is to set privacy to maximum. Which removes other functionaility. Car is going in again on Wednesday….
  2. M4ttV

Travel assist problems.

Yes, had that lots of times. You will also notice it also activates undertake prevent when you overtake as it assumes you are driving on the other side of the road so assumes an overtake is an undertake. Effectively the control unit has crashed, restarts and fails to apply the UK settings.
  3. M4ttV

Has anyone managed to get the centre speaker clicking and subsequent issues resolved?

OK makes sense. It's going in on the 14th for what they are calling update 2.1. Not sure what this means but probably just the latest software. They said they had a large number of new cars VW would not let them register and sell to customers until this update was available and applied. (For the...
  4. M4ttV

Has anyone managed to get the centre speaker clicking and subsequent issues resolved?

1) You’ll see various references to the clicks in posts on this and the VWAF forum. 2) Correct , I am talking about the sat nav prompts which appear, or ability to set one of the dials to navigation. After the issue these do not work. 3) Soft or full reset do not resolve. I have posted the...
  5. M4ttV

I am now on my second Golf 8 which has the centre speaker clicking issue and then subsequent issues (SOS Emergency Call errors, Sat Nav no longer working in instrument display, loading settings error, car swapping to believe it is left hand drive & kmph speed limits etc). This car has been in...
  6. M4ttV

Losing data connection

I have the same situation. On my 2nd Golf 8, which has the same issue as the first (which was replaced). Just been in the dealer for the 2nd time for 2 weeks, various software updates, a new SOS system etc and still the issue exists. But still on software 1664. It is so frustrating as I reckon...
  7. M4ttV

Infotainment Issues

I get similar if I get SOS / Emergency Call errors. If the "Error: Emergency Call. Please visit workshop error” has triggered the car loses connectivity and can't get past the settings screen. Been an ongoing issue since June. Had the SOS unit replaced, and is now in having the main computer...
  8. M4ttV

Mk8 golf software update

They seem to be replacing the 5F unit in all that have these issues. Mine goes in on Monday after waiting a month on back order.
  9. M4ttV

Virtual Cockpit Navigation

They've changed the brochure since May then
  10. M4ttV

Software Issues affecting SOS emergency calling

They have now corrected it is the 5F unit being replaced and is on a 2 month back order.
  11. M4ttV

Are now going to replace the infotainment unit
  12. M4ttV

Didn't fix it. Now got to decide whether to let them try something else or replace the car.
  13. M4ttV

Yes, have exactly the same issue (and others) . Car is back at garage now for control unit to be replaced. Which was completed on Monday, but still not got the car back so am guessing it did not fix it.
  14. M4ttV

Constant brake warnings using Travel Assist / Adaptive Cruise in traffic

I've been getting that on occasion too. (Along with loads of other issues!)