GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

7lb pork butt smoked for about 12 hours. This was taken at 160F before I wrapped it and cooked to 203F.
  2. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Still haven’t tried brisket yet on the egg… that’s one I need to do. I’m with ya on the grill. I use it pretty infrequently… every now and then I’ll throw hot dogs on it or something quick it’s not work getting the egg lit for. The Weber does have a really cool sear feature that I use to...
  3. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

😂 I have a BGE and Weber Genesis… I reallyyyy want a Blackstone. Id cook outside 7 days a week if it were up to me.
  4. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Kamado Joe KJ-Char Big Block XL. My third bag and it has been pretty consistent large chunks so far. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JMZDB6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Obligatory post-cook photo.
  5. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

3-2-1 spare ribs on the Egg with a smoked brown sugar rub. The last hour I’ll douse them in BBQ sauce and get some nice caramelization going.
  6. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Exactly what your butcher probably did! It's just removing the backbone so it lays flat. Next time I'll try injecting butter... (everything is better with butter). I rub chickens with Kinders Master Salt and they come off the BGE after about an hour and 40 min or so. I'm with your wife...
  7. CaptainRatty

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

You spatchcock them?