GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

What is latest software version available?

The software update was applied to fix an intermittent problem so too soon to say that it has definitely been fixed. But the system does seem to be a bit more responsive and so far no additional problems have appeared.
  2. A

Having been told very firmly that software version 1668 was not available for my car, I took it in to the dealer for a minor software update to fix the occasional problem where the infotainment screen goes blank and hey presto it is now on 1668? Dies anyone in vw actually know anything about...
  3. A

Yes I was also told by the dealer that they are only permitted to do an update if instructed to do so by VW. He also told me that they had no information on what updates were available...hence my question. I made a formal complaint that I had 1664 but other cars had 1668. Eventually I was told...
  4. A

Is there any way to find out what the latest software version is for my golf 8 style with the Pro version of the infotainment system. I currently have version 1664 and have several outstanding issues supposedly being investigated by VW. I know the version available depends on what version of...
  5. A

Bluetooth Woes - Media hell

I had similar keyless entry problems when I had it set to unlock automatically when approaching the car. But after disabling that so that I have to touch the handle it has worked flawlessly. It doesn't bother me that the car doesn't unlock when I approach it but it may be different for you.
  6. A

Online Voice Control

I stand corrected. :) Basically the car needs an internet connection for Alexa to work.
  7. A

Online Voice Control

To use Alexa you need to have an active data subscription with Cubic Telecom.
  8. A

Mobile Phone Connection Issue

Yes - I also get that message about the phone not charging but I associate it with my phone being fully charged. I just ignore it.
  9. A

Losing data connection

Yes I also use the open door trick. Much easier and quicker than selecting the phone again.
  10. A

Losing data connection

As a matter of interest does it also fix the mobile phone not automatically connecting problem?
  11. A

Losing data connection

Finally We-Connect support have come back and advised my dealer to apply a software update to fix the data connection problem.. My car goes in next week for the update. I don't know whether this a new fix. When I was pressing for my car to be updated to the latest software level a few weeks ago...
  12. A

Losing data connection

VW Digital Services and We-Connect are the same people. I had an email from We-Connect today saying that they are working on the issue.
  13. A

Losing data connection

That’s good news. Mine failed again (third time) and I tried the suggested actions I posted earlier up this thread to resolve the problem. The Infotainment factory reset failed and I chicken out of removing my car from my We-Connect Account because it warned me I would lose all my settings. I...
  14. A

I tried this today when my phone failed to connect. I opened the door and hey presto it connected! Pity there is no way to inform VW about this.
  15. A

Losing data connection

The VW Customer Service agent called me today. He says the software release 1668 is not applicable to my car and I am on the latest release for my car. Mind you I told him in error that I was on 1666 when I am on 1664 which wasn't queried so I'm not sure how much checking was done. On the issue...
  16. A

The customer service agent called me today to update me on the issue. It was a bit disappointing. I was led to believe that the issue was with VW technical and they would come back to me when there was a resolution. Actually it seems that no-one is working on this. Basically they are saying...
  17. A

Well I'm glad that it's not only me that has the problem. Hopefully that means that VW will eventually fix it. I'll need to check out whether opening the door etc has the same effect for me. What really annoys me is that I reported the problem 4 months ago and yet the only feedback from the...
  18. A

Up until now I have assumed that this was a common issue which would eventually be fixed with a software update. But on searching forums I now wonder whether I am the only one with this problem. I can pair my phone successfully with the Infotainment system, but probably more than 50% of the...
  19. A

Losing data connection

Rather disappointing. Took my car into the dealership. They just told me that they had tested the data connection and it was working - which I knew. My concern of course is that I will lose the connection again unless a fix is applied. At least I had my car washed I guess. I asked to talk to...
  20. A

Losing data connection

Mine also started working again today and it's at least 8 days since it stopped so maybe you're right about it automatically resetting. Still not satisfactory though. My car's booked in next week so I'll still take it in and see whether they'll apply the latest update.