GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Dogs

Haha, I know, right? What a sad deal that was.
  2. G

Dogs

This is Sullivan. Gus Gus was the happiest dog in the world, but he's no longer with us.
  3. G

The classy alcoholics thread

That poor Balvenie looks to have been abandoned, that's one of my favorites! The Basil Hayden's is excellent too, their dark Rye is delicious! Has anyone tried the Redwood Empire stuff? I had their Emerald Giant Rye, and it didn't last long at all!
  4. G

Correct. I won't hijack a lovely whiskey thread, and turn it into a wine thread, but Garnacha (Grenache) is a grape that is used a lot in Rioja wines. It's fruity, but not sweet, and relatively transparent compared to bolder reds. It is not a rose, but is used as a blending grape with a lot...
  5. G

This is true of some wines, but not all. Whites, and reds like garnacha are usually better consumed new. Garnacha, for example, is pretty transparent as far as red wines go, and is very sensitive to light, it doesn't age as well as heavier reds.
  6. G

Templeton is my go-to Rye for Old Fashioneds. If I'm drinking whiskey neat it'll usually be a Scotch, I don't love most of the Islay stuff, Cholaraseptic mouth spray comes to mind when I drink certain Islay Scotches. Colorado was mentioned, if you get some Colorado whiskey I would suggest...
  7. G

How much do you think I can get for my car?

I think you're the closest. Most people really aren't willing to pay (much) for someone else's mods. I would expect to get very little, to nothing higher than NADA/KBB. The car looks clean, but in my experience that's the risk you take when modding your car, mods will make the car more fun...
  8. G

How many times has someone opened their car door into your car?

Agreed. I'd much rather snug up to the edge of the last spot in a row than to take 2 spaces, regardless of how far in the back the spot is. Oftentimes, employees are asked to park in the far back, so taking up two spots back there doesn't get you off the hook.
  9. G

How many times has someone opened their car door into your car?

None. I learned long ago that door dings are too easy to get, look terrible, and are expensive/impractical to fix. I park as far away from people as I can.
  10. G

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

I'm with you, especially with regard to safety features. Some of the "smoked" headlights/taillights I see are horrible, not only are they terribly unsafe, but half of the time they don't even fit the rest of the car's aesthetic. People love modding their car, but they don't love planning their...
  11. G

Sunglasses for Driving

It's certainly possible, I don't know for sure. Considering their reputation though, I would imagine that they are glass and you didn't realize it. 🤷‍♂️
  12. G

Sunglasses for Driving

Most every brand is owned by Luxottica these days, but Persol still makes them themselves in Italy, and the lenses are still crystal. I know they have a light weight lens, but it's still glass, not plastic.
  13. G

Sunglasses for Driving

I used to wear cheap gas station sunglasses too. One summer I was having some strange vision issues that sent me to all kinds of doctors. After getting the issues resolved I decided to treat myself to a nice pair of shades, I decided I wasn't going to set a budget and just buy the pair that I...
  14. G

Sunglasses for Driving

Someone mentioned Persols in one of the old posts. They aren't cheap, but they are probably the best sunglasses you can buy (arguable, depending on the activities you intend to wear them for, but for driving and not playing sports they definitely get my vote). If you can swing a pair with...
  15. G

Multimeter Question

LED are almost always DC, there may be some exceptions, but by nature since an LED is a diode, it only allows current through in one direction. Using AC would mean that half of the current would be blocked because the diode works as a one-way valve, only allowing current through half the time.
  16. G

Punks not dead

It can be tough as a punk to admit that some pop music is actually good, and made by people with talent, because pop music has a reputation for being mindless, repetitive junk, but there are a ton of brilliant artists/bands that became popular because they were good enough to deserve the...
  17. G

Punks not dead

Insert literally any genre into that statement and it'll be true. Music hasn't gotten worse over the years, I'd say it's even gotten better. However, due to how easy it is to produce music these days, there is a lot more junk you have to sift through in order to find the good stuff. If you...
  18. G

Punks not dead

I'll check it out this morning. Working from home means I get to listen to music, from good speakers, all day!
  19. G

Punks not dead

The '59 Sound is one of my top 10 favorite albums (top 10 for me is pretty high up there). I like Fallon's Sleepwalkers album, but haven't listened to Local Honey yet, that must have just come out.
  20. G

Punks not dead

I'm a fan of Chuck Ragan, and Brian Fallon, I've seen them both live, Brian Fallon with the Gaslight Anthem, and solo. I don't really know anything about Tiger Army or Nick 13, I'll add them to my list to check out.