GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. dr_mat

The Model 3 ruined my life

.. but the VAST majority of EV charges take place at their home, overnight. The truth is that a lot of charge points don't get used much because people just don't travel far enough to need to charge anywhere other than at home. EV uptake will rocket in the UK next year as the zero BIK tax rate...
  2. dr_mat

Give them a break, they invented a new genre of product, the cars are excellent but flawed and it WILL continue to take time before they get it right and they learn all those lessons that VW (should have) learned over the last 50-80 years, even if there's sometimes precious little evidence that...
  3. dr_mat

Yes the designs are specifically aimed at being innocuous and stereotypically "American Sedan". Not to my taste. But I love the drivetrain.. Also, the lack of a cooling radiator means no need for the usual grille on the front of the car at all. They are still quicker than equivalent "good...
  4. dr_mat

Wot he said ^^ :) ...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG
  5. dr_mat

This is all true, no disagreement and I've heard of a lot of early gen Leafs with appalling batteries now. But I can say that there is evidence that the Teslas are not degrading the same way, and that the prospect of battery replacement is probably less likely than a head gasket replacement on a...
  6. dr_mat

Agree on the touch screen question. Unfortunately all cars are going this way. ...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG
  7. dr_mat

You have been lucky.. mind you I borrowed some brand new cars that didn't rattle too when ours was in for repairs... ...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG
  8. dr_mat

Too right. Maybe we should start with a better built base model? The Golf isn't even that *great* handling anyway. "Ok", but not "great". Mazda MX-5 with a Tesla model 3 underpinning? Oh wait, isn't that a Tesla Roadster? (Would love one of those but Elon sent his spare into space the nonce.)...
  9. dr_mat

I think they're just too new. It will happen. Fwiw the magic ingredient that makes the ev astounding on the track is the traction it can make use of. A petrol engined car has an incredibly crude ability to throttle back to prevent wheelspin when it's detected whereas the ev can allow the spin...
  10. dr_mat

I suspect you'll find the motor never outputs 100%, at all, and the limits to acceleration are entirely down to the temperature control on the battery packs, for now. This is supported by the fact that Ludicrous mode on the Model S PxxD came out as a software update, so yes the car got more...
  11. dr_mat

And yet people criticise them for not "feeling the same"! Yes, they are in a different category. The Tesla 3 Performance, fwiw, was quicker around the race track than all its contemporary petrol engined peers, so not just good at drag strips either. The performance secret is that infinite fine...
  12. dr_mat

More: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-quality-durability-on-display-in-450k-mile-car-still-going-strong/
  13. dr_mat

I think this is not a hard requirement. Most people will charge overnight and leave the car very close to 100% for best range. It is however quite true that LiIon batteries degrade quicker if they're kept fully charged. Reality...
  14. dr_mat

If you'd experienced the performance on offer and the instantaneous nature of it you might change your mind. Why wait? Go electric and you can feel the torque coming in *while* you press the pedal. Turbo spool up delay has to be the most ridiculous thing ever inflicted on the car buying public...
  15. dr_mat

Yep it slows down a lot but this is normal, you rarely stuff them quite fully charged unless you can leave them on soak charge overnight. It's not like lead acid batteries.. ...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG
  16. dr_mat

To be honest I think we're already well past the bleeding edge. That was the guys running the e-Mini prototypes ten years ago, where the batteries replaced the entire rear seat area /and/ the fuel tank and could still only see the car for 50 miles. The current generation of cars have already...
  17. dr_mat

It depends on usage pattern. For second family cars, or for commuting cars they are a complete no brainer. Get your boss to install a charger at work too and you're laughing. For a primary family vehicle it's a little harder to deal with. Yes there are reliability issues with some of the Teslas...
  18. dr_mat

What's the most EFFED UP movie that you've seen?

Any episode of Black Mirror, ever.
  19. dr_mat

which watch do you wear?

:) Smartwatch by Botta?
  20. dr_mat

which watch do you wear?

Little more minimalist.