GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. torga

CSB and Water Cooler off topic Chat Thread

@GolNat I've been filling up for $4.02 for several months now. The gas station near my work never seems to raise or lower their prices. Meanwhile, I see $4.30-$4.50 everywhere else.
  2. torga

Dang, my average is only ~0.5 MPG better than that.
  3. torga

I would like to see the cost difference of all the extra gas required to drive around like an asshole, versus driving normally and potentially needing a carbon cleaning earlier. But I'm way too lazy to do all the math, so I'll just leave it at "no such thing as free lunch".
  4. torga

Acura to bring back Integra name in Spring 2022

Fan renders of cars only exist to hurt me right in the soul :cry:
  5. torga

It just looks like an Acura-fied version of that grown-up CTR I posted earlier. It's aiight, so far. I'll wait 'til the camo's off to really judge.
  6. torga

How well does that work on our direct-injection engines? I just always assumed it wouldn't have an effect.
  7. torga

Anyone read any good books lately?

That's the one!! Loved that book so much.
  8. torga

Anyone read any good books lately?

Oh shit. Transall Saga and Hatchet were my jam. RIP.
  9. torga

The new Civic Type R sorta looks a lot more refined. Maybe not quite Type R for adults, but definitely not Type R designed by a 13yo. 2023 Honda Civic Type R teased, and here's what we can make out (autoblog.com) 2023 Honda Civic Type R interior caught in spy photos (autoblog.com)
  10. torga

Nice! Now the next question is will it be a fun, 2dr coupe? Or just a reworked 4dr Civic Si with new body panels?
  11. torga

Should I Trade?

If you manage to split the GTI into an S2k and a practical daily without screwing up your finances, I say go for it. Like GolNat said, there's no other car like it and there never will be again. Truly unique car, gorgeous styling and imo, will stand the test of time. Think of cars like the FD...
  12. torga

I'm over here just avoiding making too many holes in the walls so I get most of my deposit back :cautious:
  13. torga

WOOF Average new car transaction price hits a record $45,031 (autoblog.com)
  14. torga

I definitely don't hate wagons. I just don't agree with that guy's opinion that Golf wagons are unequivocally cooler than GTI/R. When the comparison is wagon or SUV/CUV, then wagons win hands down. Wagons are cool. You just won't catch me thinking that a wagon is a cooler than its non-wagon...
  15. torga

The DadWagon is only up there because the guy added mods and power. Artificial! Juicin'! So all we gotta do is add mods to the GTI or R and boom, more awesome than the DadWagon. EZPZ. Game, set, and match.
  16. torga

PC Building

Wow man, thank you!! Gonna try these settings out, but not before I do some reading to learn at least a little bit about why they matter.
  17. torga

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Major Airlines Watch This Thread - Supply Shortage Of Villains

I get it. Must be hard to see out of your own ass. Warm in there though, so that's nice.
  18. torga

PC Building

Thanks, man. I've got some G.Skill Trident Z sticks, P/N is F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC. Installed them a little over two years ago. How would I control the timings and other settings without enabling XMP? Enabling XMP seems to just click the timings in place (I still have to manually change frequency...
  19. torga

The COVID19 SCAMdemic...Major Airlines Watch This Thread - Supply Shortage Of Villains

I mean, if they had simply said that the state won't implement vaccine mandates, leaving the door open for businesses to do as they see fit, that wouldn't be overreach. But that's not what they did.
  20. torga

Hm. Thought this was the party against government overreach? First the unreasonably restrictive abortion law and now this? Sounding pretty overreachy to me. :unsure: :unsure: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott bans COVID-19 vaccine mandates by private businesses : NPR