GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Maturedriver

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I think my October 2020 (first batch of GTEs in the UK) might have had the 91CU service campaign. It’s been back to the dealer at least 6 times for various software type issues including a major one that took several days. Apart from the dash display showing the speed limit of 30mph in minor...
  2. Maturedriver

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I am confused 🫤. I understand software updates like 1896 but what on earth is CU91 or Gateway B or C? Thanks in advance.
  3. Maturedriver

Heated Steering Wheel

Great minds think alike! I was about to start a thread to ask the same question. This automatic turning on below 12C Is bloody annoying … together with Lane Assist 😡. Many thanks.
  4. Maturedriver

Only 80% charge added

Your battery has a capacity of 13kWh but only has 10.9kWh available, so 11kKh is a round up figure. On the dash you can scroll through to find the battery level display which, when fully charged, will show 100%.
  5. Maturedriver

GTEMK8 - Engine needs to keep running issue

My car had a recall where the 12 volt battery module was replaced. If this issue is due to the 12 volt battery perhaps it might need the module replaced (under warranty).
  6. Maturedriver

Mk8 Orders

Supply might soon match demand. Recession would reduce demand and production could continue to be limited due to energy and chip shortages
  7. Maturedriver

Mk8 Orders

If you are not concerned about options and colours it’s possible to buy new Golfs for immediate collection. There are currently 7 available advertised in Autotrader.
  8. Maturedriver

Inadvertently tapped ‘cancel’ rather than ‘update’.

Just been out in the car. Sadly the invitation to update software failed to appear. Interestingly on my return the usual message telling me that the car was now charging failed to appear on my phone. I guess it will also fail to tell me when it is fully charged. I wonder if the two things are...
  9. Maturedriver

Thanks tos for the prompt reply. I went to settings then system information and there was very little to see. A blank page apart from ‘System‘ top right. Clicking it a list appears ‘System’, ‘Voice control’, ‘Radio’ and ‘Other’. Tapping any of the four and nothing happens. Clicking arrow next...
  10. Maturedriver

Yesterday I had message on the infotainment screen offering me an opportunity to do a software update. Inadvertently I tapped ‘cancel’ rather than ‘update’. Has the opportunity to do this update now been lost or is there a way for me get that software update invitation back?
  11. Maturedriver

Apparently VW say the 12v battery must be changed every 4 years (Hybrid only).
  12. Maturedriver

Speed recognition shenanigans 🙄.

I mentioned this issue when I had my car serviced last week. I just as well have saved my vocal chords. Fast coming to the conclusion modern cars should have two service centres. One for the oily bits and one which employs fourteen olds to sort out all the (many) techy problems. I think my...
  13. Maturedriver

When/if this this happens you will not have a choice in the matter unless you siphon out all the nearly stale petrol. If you have had the engine running regularly due to longer journeys in hybrid mode (and therefore frequent refills) what I am describing is not relevant in your case but I...
  14. Maturedriver

If you drive exclusively in electric only mode for several months the car will decide to run with just the engine until most of the petrol has been consumed. This function is designed to prevent the petrol in the fuel tank getting too old and stale. As for when and how this process kicks in I’m...
  15. Maturedriver

e-Hybrid predicted range

If I give my GTE the beans in electric mode the next time I drive it, after fully charging it, the GOM (Guess-O-Meter) shows 26 miles. If I drive like a old woman it shows 34 miles (perhaps more). Other factors influencing range includes temperature and topography.
  16. Maturedriver

VW Getting Rid Of Capacitive Buttons On Steering Wheels

I think reason I get on with touch sensitive buttons so well is because I’m such a sensitive soul 🙄🙄🙄
  17. Maturedriver

VW Getting Rid Of Capacitive Buttons On Steering Wheels

That would be a shame since I love the touch sensitive buttons on the steering wheel of my GTE. I wonder if it’s actually a cost saving exercise by VW?
  18. Maturedriver

Poor build quality

I had a VW Eos and I can confirm the Krytox cured seriously noisy creaking roof panel rubbers, totally. Expensive but excellent product. Still use it occasionally on my Golf door rubbers.
  19. Maturedriver

New View in the AID Display with the My23 Golf 8

Massimo, when first read your first entry on this post my brain saw “My new” rather than “the new My23”. I gather, like me, you still have an ‘old‘ Mk8 🤔. I prefer the new display. Can one now have the map on the dash and infotainment screen at the same time?
  20. Maturedriver

No, you can’t turn off lane assist permanently. Each time I turn on the ignition I tap the button on the end of the left column stalk followed by tapping ‘OK’ button on the right of the steering wheel. When I start a journey it’s a bit like being a pilot doing pre flight check (list of things I...