GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. torga

Let's see your PC's

Haha! Ridiculous! I definitely wanna see this thing finished.
  2. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Yep, and it's not the first time this has happened either. Oftentimes the tech in question is banned mid-season.
  3. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

It's painfully obvious what they did. Just because you made something from scratch doesn't mean you didn't copy it. I can make a delicious dinner from scratch, but I can't say it's my own if I followed a recipe to the letter, now can I? Welp, if you don't get a rule made because of you, you're...
  4. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

While adjusting the toe in or out shouldn't be steering, it is absolutely a propulsion method. French fry... pizza... french fry... pizza... All Merc boys have to do on the straights is pump the steering wheel in and out at a tempo of 100-120 BPM (they can hum Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees if...
  5. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

This is true, but there are regulations that restrict teams from abusing this too much. Skid plates on the floor to ensure the car isn't too low at heavy aero loads. Deflection tests that the scrutineers perform to ensure that the front wings and various cantilevered aero elements don't flex...
  6. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

They won't be messing with active splitters, ever. At least until regs change. Active aero is 100%, strictly illegal, unless it's the highly-regulated DRS. You're right about the tire minimally affecting airflow over the rest of the car. Not sure if that rises to the category of active aero, so...
  7. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Ah, tire nannying makes a lot more sense. I can't wait to see a technical analysis on this, and I'm really curious to know how much weight the system adds. I wonder if it'll make it to the season proper.
  8. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I imagine it's not intended to be freely adjustable by the driver. They've dialed in two toe settings: one more negative to maintain cornering agility and one more positive than that to increase stability on the straights. So he pushes all the way in for the more negative setting and pulls all...
  9. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

In addition: 10.2.2 Any powered device which is capable of altering the configuration or affecting the performance of any part of any suspension system is forbidden. I hope their DAS is purely mechanical, in that case. This is one of those "barely legal until another team makes a strong enough...
  10. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

FIA's Formula One Technical Regulations. Article 10, Section 2, Paragraph 3. 10.2.3 No adjustment may be made to any suspension system while the car is in motion. Maybe Mercedes are interpreting this as no permanent adjustment to the suspension system. That's the only way I can imagine the FIA...
  11. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Is that what this DAS is? I couldn't find anywhere to find what it does. Merc are swearing up and down that the FIA is fine with it and it's legal.... but changing suspension setup on the fly during a race, I'm pretty sure that's not allowed. So who's saying it changes camber...
  12. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Potentially not racing the Valkyrie in exchange for being a big sticker on an F1 car? Feels bad, man. Was really, really excited to see the Valkyrie racing in WEC. https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/20/aston-martin-valkyrie-wec-exit/
  13. torga

Betel Nuts

Bro I think you should report him to HR, that's not ok at the workplace.
  14. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Really shitty he'll have to pare back on being himself because fans are idiots. I hope he stays mostly himself - I really enjoy his humor. https://www.racefans.net/2020/02/13/norris-will-keep-having-fun-but-is-toning-it-down-after-negative-social-media-feedback/
  15. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I might be interested.
  16. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Ferrari adopting a "let-them-race" policy for Leclerc and Vettel. Read another blurb about Ferrari favoring Vettel over Hamilton for a second driver. https://www.racefans.net/2020/02/12/ferrari-adopts-let-them-race-policy-for-vettel-and-leclerc/
  17. torga

Let's see your PC's

Wow, ~60C on a laptop is pretty chilly. Nice.
  18. torga

Let's see your PC's

My fans must be excellent because my CPU never breaks 65C under heavy load (30-35C when browsing webs) and my GPU hovers between 70-75C. All that warmth goes straight to my cat's chilly bones. Noctua case fans and Cryorig coolers.... Slogan: They're good for cats!™
  19. torga

Let's see your PC's

Playing Witcher 3, AKA Space Heater Simulator for my cat.
  20. torga

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Ferrari's 2020 SF1000 car was just revealed today. The livery looks to be essentially identical to the SF90. But Binotto says that they targeted all the weaknesses from the SF90 (poor downforce, hard to setup suspension, etc) and improved upon them. Mercedes revealed just their livery yesterday...