GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Search results

1. 1ashchuckton

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Watched A Life Of Speed on Netflix yesterday. Great documentary about Fangio. What a driver, what a life.
  2. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

In general I'm not a fan of cars that run on sparks, but that Honda e is pretty neat.
  3. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

Here's a pretty good review of the Honda e. click > Honda e
  4. 1ashchuckton

Camera recommendations

Nothing wrong with an iPhone. I have one myself, but there are things they can't do.
  5. 1ashchuckton

Camera recommendations

So many great cameras out there. Been shooting since 1970, started with a Practica TL made in East Germany. I'm now shooting with Fuji cameras, love their old school dials & handling. They remind me of the film cameras I loved in the past. dpreview.com is a good site as is fredmiranda.com. So...
  6. 1ashchuckton

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Canceling makes sense I think. What doesn't make sense is letting the teams spend truck loads of money going there & then canceling. Edit.... Looks like Indy in St Pete is in jeopardy too. https://racer.com/2020/03/12/st-pete-to-close-admission-race-in-jeopardy/
  7. 1ashchuckton

Just bought a toy to compliment the GTI, NC Miata PRHT

I had an NA, great little roadster. If I buy another it will be a NC PRHT. Love the color of yours & that brown interior oh man. My old Meotter.
  8. 1ashchuckton

My GF doesn't coast while driving

That was my thought exactly. My wife got her SCCA competition license & it was great. She no longer complained about the money I was spending on the race car. Those were the days.
  9. 1ashchuckton

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

Nice race once Bottas parked & the safety car came out the fun started. Albon left the door wide open & Lewis did what racers do. Darn shame Albon paid the price. I'm guessing he learned a very hard lesson today. Lewis deserved the penalty, but he should have received it before the podium. Sainz...
  10. 1ashchuckton

Official Formula 1 Thread!

Good race, glad to see Bottas run down Hamilton & pass him. If not for the waving yellow at the end I think Max may have been second. Crazy suspension failure for Vettel. He did one heck of a job holding onto that car. Two weeks & onto Brasil.
  11. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

My MK6 is long ago paid for so now it's like driving a free car. I plan on doing that for a long time. It's one of my favorite cars that I've owned. When it's used up I'll cherry pick a nice MK7. Don't think I could ever get over the glass dash & all the nannies on a MK8.
  12. 1ashchuckton

2020 GTI mk8

After watching that it doesn't look too bad to me. That is until I saw that dash. Man was that ever a turn off for me. Oh & that DSG shifter is laughable.
  13. 1ashchuckton

Not a great race, but as they say shirt happens. Benz got the 1 - 2 because of Vettel's dead car & having better strategy this time. Benz has also lost races that they should have won. The racing at the front has spiced things up a bit. I like my racing spicy. But oh man can you guys in the red...
  14. 1ashchuckton

Pretty good race, but the best racing was at the back of the grid. If you are a red car fan it was a great race. I feel sorry for Leclearc Ferrari stole a sure win from him & handed the race win to Vettel. Was that done on purpose or was it just another Ferrari team screw up? Hmm.... On to Russia.
  15. 1ashchuckton

Pretty good race yesterday. Nice to see Leclerc fend off Hamilton for most of the race. He drove a very wide car, but that is understandable. Lucky for him the steward's turned a blind eye to some of his moves. Both cars seemed about equal, but Leclerc's car was faster where it counted (on the...
  16. 1ashchuckton

They must think enough of him to give him a seat at team B. Yes I'm sure he has a contract to see him through the rest of the season. Not sure who they would replace him with if they did buy him out. I don't believe money made a difference.
  17. 1ashchuckton

This doesn't surprise me that Gasly gets replaced in the A team. IMO he is lucky to have been given a seat at Toro Rosso. Possibly his contract stated that he had a guaranteed seat in one of their cars. Good luck to Albon keeping up with Max is a tough call.
  18. 1ashchuckton

Red Bull dropped the ball, but this isn't the first time. Remember when they cost Ricciardo a sure win in Monte Carlo?
  19. 1ashchuckton

Quite a good race. Max got a blazing start & looked like he was a sure win. Well until Lewis pitted for the second time & Red Bull dropped the ball by not pitting Max. Darned shame the pit wall lost Max a win.
  20. 1ashchuckton

I'm pulling for Max too. A start like he had in Germany will be all but impossible to recover from. Fingers crossed for a blinder of a start.