GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTI Jake

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Union step raises (now top of the pay scale) plus two large raises across the board (pre contract and the actual contract itself). Honestly we were that far behind the rest of the industry, were still not at the top by any means.
  2. GTI Jake

Ive got $16 an hour in raises since 2017. Still haven’t adjusted my side gig price list to reflect that...it’s on my to do list by the end of the year lol. Other than the fact I’m shorting myself I feel the quality increase and investments in tools to help that justify a raise too...I’ll have...
  3. GTI Jake

Unfortunately I’d suspect we’ll have a lot of foreclosures after all the assistance runs out. Hopefully we bounce back stronger than ever and in a timely fashion so that’s not the case, but being realistic the effects of some many businesses slow or closed will eventually catch up with people
  4. GTI Jake

Sometimes you gotta throw caution to the wind and go TB.
  5. GTI Jake

I don’t even want the dozen we have, but it beats the alternative lol
  6. GTI Jake

The Carolinas have two seasonal shortages, opening day of Hurricane season and the first snow forecast for the year lol. It’s like the end of the world every time, gas stations even sell out of fuel sometimes with no actual event (hurricane or snow) ever happening
  7. GTI Jake

No haha our biggest gripe with TP this whole time are only being able to find mega rolls...six rolls in one! But who honestly has a TP roll holder designed to fit that massive roll? The damn thing is smashed against the wall so it’s a two handed shuffling act to get some damn tickets off the roll 😂
  8. GTI Jake

Lol hopefully it doesn’t come to that, at least it’s early enough to grab some reserves just in case
  9. GTI Jake

Round 2 of TP and bottled water shortage looks to be about 12 hours out lol
  10. GTI Jake

I appreciate the explanation, and didn’t intend to move the goalposts. It’s nice to take someone away from this thread based on real experiences rather than just being lashed out at.
  11. GTI Jake

I have only talked to him on FaceTime and seen videos and pictures, but it’s absolutely beautiful there. From the little knowledge I have of the place it seem like they run a very tight ship. College is paid for as long as you keep your grades up and finish. Fail to do either and you owe at all...
  12. GTI Jake

A Spanish passport for what? Can US citizens have dual citizenship? If you can just go anywhere why would you need identification? Not being argumentative I genuinely have zero clue how it works over there because I’ve never been. My cousin David moved to Norway and loves it there, but I’m...
  13. GTI Jake

Cars with ridiculous wings.

There’s a blue Dart by me with a yellow hood scoop, graphics, and large wing. No pictures but the 2000s style is still alive and well in 2020
  14. GTI Jake

I sincerely hope you do as well.
  15. GTI Jake

Damned if you do damned if you don’t. How screwed up would that be if I’d sent them home and demanded a refund? It’s not on me to play ruler of the land, but our elected officials sure can. Personally I think the solution is making it easier to gain full legal status so there’s zero reason not...
  16. GTI Jake

I didn’t hire them, I paid the manufacturer for the building and that’s who they sent to put it up. Would you get out of bed and spend a few hours keeping people out of jail you supposedly don’t like? Also, why do I have to prove anything just because I’m a Trump supporter? Who’s the racist...
  17. GTI Jake

Serious how does this work? I’m racist until proven otherwise for being a Trump supporter? Still waiting on your list of countries I can go stake my claim to, or is this just how you deflect from that?
  18. GTI Jake

How so? What is white privilege exactly? Because when I get caught doing something I shouldn’t I get in trouble for it and pay a fine. I mentioned having roommates because if I was racist would I live with a black and Mexican friend?
  19. GTI Jake

Illegals are normally paid cash, which was my direct experience. When I built my shop the guys who put up the metal structure itself were all Mexican, from Mexico not natural born citizens. literally their first day on the job they got pulled over in the town I’m three miles from. They called...
  20. GTI Jake

I’m 100% behind you on everything you said with the exception of your prejudice against me and I’d presume all Trump supporters. That’s the same as if I’d assume you like to sniff kids and women just because Biden does. I have friends and coworkers from all over the globe, and I don’t mean...