GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. O

Subscription for Satnav Traffic and POI

Hi Just wondering if it necessary to maintain a cubic telecom data subscription to use the satnav with traffic awareness or will that still work without needing a plan? I realise you can tether it to your mobile to use your mobile data but my Wi-fi doesn’t have this or bother tethering.
  2. O

Mk8 golf software update

Exact same problem for me now, no satnav or radio. Nothing loads - just 'Loading settings' on the screen that never ends. You seem to be a step ahead of me. What the next steps for you then Km1986?
  3. O

Software Issues affecting SOS emergency calling

Well got my Golf back today. The infotainment no longer works, just stuck on 'Loading settings'. Cant use the radio or satnav. Great - its worse now than when it went in. They have advised that they are ordering a control unit. I don't know which control unit though - they didn't elaborate...
  4. O

Good Luck M4ttV. Mine is with the VW dealer today and they are keeping it in overnight to see if the problem is resolved. First fix is just to apply the latest updates - not sure that's going to cut it though as I think I've already got the most up to date update (applied 11 June) We'll see.
  5. O

Mk8 golf software update

Wow that’s a bit drastic. At least they are taking it seriously and trying to resolve it. When you say another model do you mean moving completely away from the Golf. It concerns me if they are not working on fixing the bugs. The Golf 8 has been out a while now you would think updates would be...
  6. O

Mk8 golf software update

Yes, I've had this as well, it seems to have rebooted completely 3 times in one hour today. Really annoying. It happened whilst using Google maps on iOS 14 car play, was wondering if it was the new CarPlay causing it to crash?
  7. O

Let us know how you got on with a new control unit. I've had all sorts of errors in the last couple of days, Drive system / Front Assist Unavailable / SoS unavailable / Beeping from the parking sensors when nothing is there. Its a right mix of weird and wonderful messages that are completely...
  8. O

Constant brake warnings using Travel Assist / Adaptive Cruise in traffic

I think I may have found a cure for this but its early days. I'll give it a week or two to see if the problem has really gone away and post back.
  9. O

Bumper sill protection

There is one available according to the accessories brochure but price is to be confirmed. The brochure link is Download Accessories Brochure The part number is 5H0061197 There are four different types by the look of it, clear, steel, etc. Hope that helps
  10. O

Mk8 eco comfort sport mode select

If it's a DSG and you mean the gearbox is in sport mode, then just press the stick down again and it will alternate between S and D mode. If you are talking about the adaptive cruise control, click on the driver assist button down near the 'Clima' button, in the menu there will be sport /...
  11. O

Constant brake warnings using Travel Assist / Adaptive Cruise in traffic

Hi, I've had a Golf 8 style DSG eTSI now for a couple of weeks. I've found generally Travel assist and Adaptive cruise control to be very effective. I particularly like the stop / go function when in heavy traffic. However, I've noticed that sometimes when coming up to a stopped car in front...