GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

GTI spotted

I know APR imported one but I checked and that was a gray one. They are on the east coast anyway. Press car sounds more plausible. But I've got to say it was better looking in person than from the pictures that I've seen.
  2. G

GTI spotted

I was driving to lunch and spotted a black MK8 GTI. The headlights were a dead giveaway. When I passed it the wheels looked like what I've seen in the pics. Same with the taillights. I didn't see if it had a dual exhaust. Was about to bang a U turn to get a picture but didn't. This was in...
  3. G

Considering Second Car...

If you get a cheap Honda, you can save money because they just don't depreciate much. I used to have a Honda Civic Si hatch that I drove for several years that I sold for $200 less than I paid. Maintanance was cheap. I just replaced the alternator and battery and otherwise it was super...
  4. G

Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

Yup, it's definitely no Corvette. It's a box on wheels but I like the powertrain. Tough call. Hopefully, they improve the looks a bit before they release it. I just got excited by the TDI hybrid and DSG.
  5. G

Volkswagen CrossBlue Concept

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/14/volkswagen-crossblue-detroit-2013/ Interesting concept from VW. I assume it's a concept but it's fairly complete. I expect this to be a 2014 release sometime later this year. I like the specs 2.0L TDI combined hybrid to make 305hp. With a 0-60 time of 7.2...
  6. G

2014 Lexus IS!

That's just plain aweful looking. At least if you own one, you'll be sitting inside where it actually looks quite good.
  7. G

Toureg?

Definitely test drive both versions. I read some review on Car and Driver (I believe) that said the TDi was the one to have because the suspension worked best. I didn't understand that because I thought the V6 and the TDi had the same suspension? I drove the TDi Touareg a few weeks ago and...
  8. G

Sold GTI. Help me pick next car.

Oh, man. I just checked and it only comes in a six speed. Well, here's hoping that the mk7 turns out to be much better than the mk6.
  9. G

I assumed it would have the DSG like the regular Focus. :iono:
  10. G

Evo MR? Focus ST, but you'd have to wait a bit.
  11. G

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Really? I thought the Jetta interior was horrible. That's why I went with the GTI.
  12. G

Honda CRZ for Wife?

She should check out the Focus hatch. It's a pretty nice car for the money. Starts at around 18k. I almost bought it instead of the GTI.
  13. G

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

Take the Cayman out for a spin. It either fits your personality or it doesn't.
  14. G

Budget of ~$35,000 for a DD. What to buy?

I test drove my coworker's 2011 Boxster S and it was a blast. It's a very different feel when the car is mid engine. The handling was amazing and the car had virtually no body roll. The ride was decent but as a daily driver, it might be a bit on the loud side. Great car and I would've bought...