GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Came out looking pretty good! Will report back after chowing down!
  2. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

I spatchcock all my turkeys. It makes for a quicker and more even cook (the breast and the legs cook at similar speeds that way. We're going to pull my bird out in 15 minutes. Will report back with pictures soon.
  3. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Mmm! That looks great (and massive)! Is that an 18" or 22" smoker? Another tip: when you spatchcock a turkey, fold the wings under the breast so they cook evenly with the rest of the bird. If you leave the wings out, they cook faster than everything else and overcook. Also, while I didn't get...
  4. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

The key to brining a bird is letting it dry for 12 to 24 hours in the fridge after you brine it. That way the skin gets nice and crispy! I normally smoke a turkey, but my mom is here and she's in the no smoked turkey camp. Also, my wife and I just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago, so I told my mom...
  5. CowTownRacer

Honda parts

Exactly. And there are a lot of great "car" guys (and gals) on this forum. I don't want to go find a civic forum, sign up, ask the question to folks I don't know and then never go back. I wish! No, my wife just ran her 2018 civic touring sport into a truck tire and now I get to replace a bumper...
  6. CowTownRacer

PC Building

What do you plan to do with the monitor? I would never buy a monitor that is less than 144hz.
  7. CowTownRacer

Honda parts

Anyone on here have experience buying OE Honda parts and have recommendations for vendors?
  8. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Smoked up some beef jerky for my trip this week (heading down to Bend, OR for some golf and cabin time). It's a bottom round cut marinated overnight in Dr. Pepper and Jalapenos. Cooked it for 4 hours at 175 degrees on the weber with a few chunks of hickory tossed in. Came out pretty good!
  9. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

With that lid ^ you can wrap it in foil and it makes clean up really easy. Or, if youre making turkey, I like to put a little broth or water in there to capture the drippins. You just keep adding water throughout the cook so it doesn't dry up and burn. The you have some awesome drippings to make...
  10. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Some smoked ribs for my man torga who brought an awesome cheesecake. @csumt76 the lid I'm talking about is something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DE6NBTS/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_8Le1Eb6QR8R3X
  11. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Got a nice little modified minion method going there!
  12. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

YUM!!!! I purchased this brisket knife, it literally has the most reviews for a 5-star product I've ever seen! Also, the Flame Boss is unreal. Been running it for 2 years and it hasn't let me down. They're new models are much nicer too.
  13. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Oooooo. I've fully decked out my WSM. I have this, along with the gasket kit. You should also by the lid latch, that's a prime mod! I also suggest getting a second coal rack so you can run them in a cross pattern to stop yourself from losing coals. I also HIGHLY suggest buying a lid for the...
  14. CowTownRacer

Ye Olde Smoker Thread

Wife and I made a 17 lbs brisket a few weeks back. Thing was delicious! My set up is a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain with a bunch of mods and a FlameBoss 300 WiFi controller. Cook was about 13 hours total.