GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Light Bar. Can it change colour?

I've had my Golf 8 since September 2021. the light bar has always been white. But last week when I was putting the car in the garage both my wife and daughter remarked that they had never seen the light bar lit up blue and they liked it. Now it's back to being white and I was thinking there...
  2. A

Do I need a Connect subscription for OTA updates?

I'm coming to the end of my 3 year Connect subscription which was included with the car purchase. I don't use any connected services, preferring to use Carplay for Satnav etc. But will I still get OTA updates if I don't renew? Harry
  3. A

What is latest software version available?

Is there any way to find out what the latest software version is for my golf 8 style with the Pro version of the infotainment system. I currently have version 1664 and have several outstanding issues supposedly being investigated by VW. I know the version available depends on what version of...
  4. A

Mobile Phone Connection Issue

Up until now I have assumed that this was a common issue which would eventually be fixed with a software update. But on searching forums I now wonder whether I am the only one with this problem. I can pair my phone successfully with the Infotainment system, but probably more than 50% of the...
  5. A

Losing data connection

About a month ago my Golf 8 Style lost its data connection. So for example no information was posted to We Connect, the WiFi hotpot had no Internet, no access to the Shop etc. I took it into my dealer and they "reset the server" which fixed the problem. Now a month later the issue us back...
  6. A

Streaming Services very limited

I am very disappointed to find that the only streaming services available in the Infotainment Pro system are Apple Music and Tidal. No Spotify nor Amazon Music. It wouldn't be so bad if wireless Android Auto worked but at the moment it doesn't. I can only hope the list of available services...
  7. A

Infotainment niggles with discovery media pro

I've had my Golf Style with the Pro Infotainment system for 2 weeks now and mainly I'm very pleased with it. However I do have a few niggles and am wondering whether I'm doing things incorrectly or whether the are software issues which will be fixed in due course. The manual is almost useless...