GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

I actually got a market salary adjustment and a raise this year, very grateful for the company I work for. We were able to go 100% remote and everything still keeps flowing. Still doesn't keep up with the inflation, but helps.
  2. R

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Wait people are drinking hand sanitizer now? Yes I live under a rock, I don't watch the news, I don't go out of the house unless needed.
  3. R

How Do You Eat Corn On The Cobb

Grilled, salt, pepper, garlic...if I am feeling good I do original Everglades and garlic. As for eating I usually spin it off on a cordless drill, prior to that I call the dentist and make an appointment. In all seriousness, just eat it left to right like a type writer.
  4. R

Which cellphone sucks less?

You could get an older Android for cheap, root it and install a custom rom that gets rid of the bloatware and have a fast reliable phone. I have a Galaxy S9 as I am an Android fan, but the bloatware from Samsung does suck and until warranty is out I can't do much.
  5. R

Can’t believe I was peer pressured into this...

My wife usually helps me wash both of our cars and she knows the basics, and if she doesn't she asks.
  6. R

"20 Reasons Why You Should Never Buy A German Car"

#14, I wouldn't say maintenance is much more expensive than a Japanese cars. A lot of manufacturers require full synthetic oils now. Additionally, any engine overfilled with oil will cause problems and any DIY repair on the engine can cause failure on any engine out there and none are cheap on...
  7. R

Trump Wants to Stop German Luxury Car Imports to US

I am sure this isn't accurate, but according to the website he has at least 3 German cars.... https://autowise.com/donald-trumps-most-unusual-car-collection/
  8. R

Do you let your wife drive your VW\Audi?

Even though my fiancee does not race, I have prior autox experience and tend to show it on back roads. It is quite entertaining when someone tries to get me to race on the street and she makes a joke saying "does he really think he can beat this, do you even need to downshift?".
  9. R

Do you let your wife drive your VW\Audi?

My fiancé does not really drive manual well, but she doesn't have any interest in driving my car either. However, if she wanted to drive it I wouldn't have any issues. She isn't as anal about keeping her car clean, but she does park far away from people and cares for the condition of her car...
  10. R

Going on a trip

I live outside of Philly, but anytime I go to Philly, I typically stick to areas that are more touristy rather. I will say stay away from the zoo area, haha.
  11. R

Going on a trip

There are neighborhoods to stay out of just like any major city, but overall its not a dangerous place to be. Definitely go get a real cheese steak and climb up the art museum steps.
  12. R

Auto Injuries

One of my old friends said that if you don't bleed when working on a car, something is going to go wrong. When you do bleed, you're pleasing the car gods.
  13. R

Appreciating my GTI

Have had mine set to Hot Country since I pretty much got the car. My SO's Jetta has incredible AC, blows 40F regardless of the ambient temp. A friends 17R has much better AC than my 16' S. His will maintain 40F on idle on a hot day where as mine will barely keep 50F. Used the same thermometer...
  14. R

Appreciating my GTI

Agreed. Love my car up until I have to use the AC, then I get very annoyed with it. I had a rental Chrysler 200, biggest pile of shit I have ever driven.
  15. R

What's your worst speeding ticket?

86 in a 55 in my old 95' BMW about 10 years ago. Came over a hill doing triple digits, saw the trooper sitting in the bushes and nailed the brakes. Thankfully he only got me at 86 and not more. Ended up going to court, ticket was dropped to 5 over and no points because I went to Penn State and...
  16. R

Went in for servicing... walked out drooling over an s4

High mileage German cars are in for a hefty maintenance bill.
  17. R

Biggest pet peeve when driving.

Slowing down for every on ramp, dip shits in the left lane slam brakes when someone is merging from the right into the right lane.
  18. R

from 370z to GTI/TSi?

GTI is the equilibrium between fun and practical. You can comfortably commute, go grocery shopping, pets, etc...all while having the ability to step on it and be a very quick car.
  19. R

Buying a car that isn't a VW.........

I bought a 98 Accord to beat around on daily. Car needed some TLC, but only has 100k miles on and everything is power and everything works as it should. So nothing wrong with having a non-VW vehicle.
  20. R

Work Place Chat

Sam here. I am analyst for hedge funds, work environment is pretty open so no issues accessing websites.