GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. imthanick_a

Electric Mini-quad build for m(e)y son

Not much interesting to update on, but over the weekend I had some projects around the quad so I figured I'd let strangers on the internet know since my friends just think I'm weird for having so much fun messing around with a kids toy instead of just buying a pre-built thing. Saturday I spent...
  2. imthanick_a

Daily Wordle Flex thread

spoiler: spoiler
  3. imthanick_a

Daily Wordle Flex thread

Wordle 480 2/6 ⬜🟩🟨🟨⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 i started with "" and was like "im gonna try to find where that "" goes......."
  4. imthanick_a

For the sake of updating just for kicks, I took it for another 3 mile ride another the neighborhood last night and the night before. So now I know it at least goes 6 miles on a charge lol. Not sure when I have to charge the battery as the indicator they provided with the controller shows red...
  5. imthanick_a

Brother in law just sent me this marketplace posting. its the same exact atv frame as mine haha. After some googling I found the make/model to be a Kazuma Meerkat 50cc
  6. imthanick_a

Just ordered an idler sprocket from amazon - thanks for the tip! the plastic spool that I made for the current pulley is already starting to wear grooves into it (not surprisingly). Good thing about that is it gives me a perfect feature to measure to make sure I know the exact spot the idler...
  7. imthanick_a

Thanks for the tip, I like that idea. Making a sprocket wasnt too hard but I found some on amazon. Jeff Bezos has everything. As far as the build, ironically I was looking for riding mowers on facebook and the frame for this quad came up instead. I guess it was fate haha. If you ever do decide...
  8. imthanick_a

lol just a recurring joke on youtube car communities that some people take their project car for its maiden voyage to taco bell
  9. imthanick_a

Took it around the neighborhood while my wife, kid, and dog went for a walk for a full stress test run. This is the taco bell run equivalent of a car build lol. Turns out its my road thats unstable, not the quad! i got it up to its top speed of 23 mph on a flat road. After the test run I found...
  10. imthanick_a

thanks! its really good at skidding! now its got me thinking of getting some drift wheels for it lol
  11. imthanick_a

https://youtube.com/shorts/fDM7AA85KA0?feature=share Slowest of the 3 speeds. Definitely need to wire a potentiometer in line with the throttle signal to limit the speed some more. 20 mph down the street before it started to get unstable. I think it has about 5 more mph in it if I can get it...
  12. imthanick_a

I finished it up over the weekend for the most part. still waiting on the brake light and headlight to arrive but once they do I'll get those on and it will be finished. I had to move the motor mount and cut off the old one because it was hitting the frame when the suspension compressed. Once I...
  13. imthanick_a

Welp shes riding. Needs a couple modifications. This was my first time building something like this so it was good I got this build under my belt before I get heavy into my e30 build. I'm an idiot and mounted the motor onto a spot on the chassis, while the rear axle is obviously on the...
  14. imthanick_a

Oh yeah and I need to build the car seat mount XD
  15. imthanick_a

Its verrrrking. It verks! This was so easy to get running, I love it. I had to cut some of the previous owners additions off, motor mounting plate, tabs, etc. Then I fabbed my own mount for the motor by welding the bolts it came with onto a plate then welding that plate to the chassis. Sheet...
  16. imthanick_a

Damn not quite big enough I dont think. I'd like to be able to get my son on the seat in front of me when he's old enough for rides. Thanks for offering though, I appreciate it!
  17. imthanick_a

I love it haha. It would go great with the metallic purple paint I want to give it
  18. imthanick_a

definitely will be updating! i think i can have it running this weekend depending on when the battery gets delivered
  19. imthanick_a

This is a shitty drawing of the seat frame. red circles are the attachment points but really anything can be made to work