GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Sunglasses for Driving

Prescription mirror shades.
  2. M

Cars with ridiculous wings.

I love it when people individualize their cars. There are too damn many cookie cutter, bland cars on the road.
  3. M

World Rally Championship

WRC was my favorite motorsport, followed by F1 and Indy Car. It seems to me cars maintaining 6'/2m of social distancing :) running around in the woods would be safe.
  4. M

Loaded question..What does your screen name mean?

My name is Michael, commonly called Mike. When I was young, I would Hoover down food. There was a commercial about Mikey will eat it. SO, friends called me Mikey = Mike-E
  5. M

Corona comedy hour! C'mon folks...time for a laugh!

I have started wearing a cowboy hat, boots w/spurs, a gun belt with empty holster and a bandanna over my nose and mouth. The looks I get in the grocery store are priceless.
  6. M

The Worst Beetle?

Darn, I was coming here to say Ringo Star!
  7. M

Punks not dead

65 here. I stopped listening to Punk about 20 years ago. Since then, what the labels call Punk is just the same packeged crap as modern country and pop. "Let's get a focus group to suggest changes to each song before releasing it. We want to appeal to the widest audience possible and not...
  8. M

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

I agree and hope it never happens. The only winners would be the Drug cartels, and Russia.
  9. M

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

Re: A'stan, Viet Nam, etc. The one thing the opposition had going for them was an outside power funneling training, weapons, ammo and money in (USSR, Russia, Iran, Pakistan, etc.). If the American people revolted against the Federal Government, NO ONE would be providing aid to the rebels...
  10. M

2020 FORMULA 1 SEASON

And I have a bridge in Brooklyn that is for sale cheap.
  11. M

Moving from NY to NC any advice?

RIF. I did not mention Red Lights. I mean driving down the road and decide to turn into a parking lot. Come to dead stop, then inch their way off the road and into the parking lot.
  12. M

so you want him to drive with his head up his ass, go in the passing lane and stay there holding up traffic, and then not use his turn signal at all? crxgator, you just described how every NY plated car drives in Florida. Except, you left out; comes to a dead stop to make a right hand turn.
  13. M

Please, please, please watch how the locals drive and copy their style. Do not drive like you did in NY. The biggest problem with drivers here in FL, is people driving like they did back home. Throw them all together and you get huge problems. Welcome to south of the Mason & Dixon.
  14. M

Gun Owners- What is your caliber/brand of carry ammo and why?

My M1911 is a Taurus PT1911. I have never had a problem with any round nosed (RN, RNHP, etc.). So no problems with Critical Defense. But, it will not feed wad cutters, semi wad cutters or any ash tray (my term for rounds with a huge front opening) hollow point ammo.
  15. M

Gun Owners- What is your caliber/brand of carry ammo and why?

.45 M1911 with Hornady 185g Critical Defense rounds. I carry it and 2 spare magazine in my man bag. I have had an M1911 .45 since I joined the Army in 1977. I was a Tanker/Cav. Trooper so it was my issue side arm. I go the range every couple of weeks and fire some cheap ball ammo for...
  16. M

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I read your post and immediately though Sky should have played "Yackety Sax" during HAM's pit stop.
  17. M

2019 FORMULA 1 SEASON

I'll be the loyal opposition to most here. I think the penalty was fair. I would disagree with the penalty, if SEB had: lifted off the throttle when he saw he was leaving the track and feathered he brakes when he reentered the track. Listening to the in car video, he did neither. He kept his...
  18. M

Go for a test drive with the wife they said. It'll be fun they said.

I guess I some kind of elitist view. Having owned and off roaded a 1978 Scout 2 SS, a 1984 Jeep CJ7 and a 1987 Subaru BRAT, I don't consider something an SUV just because it can drive down a dirt road.
  19. M

Go for a test drive with the wife they said. It'll be fun they said.

Tiguan is not really an SUV. You aren't going off-roading in it, the ground clearance is nothing to brag about, no 4 Low Range. It is more of a minivan. A nice minivan, but still a minivan.