GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Gogo GTI

Big brother is watching!

So I get that there are sport imports, exotic supercars, and people that race their cars etc. But there are obviously ways the govt could easily regulate the sale of these cars and ways that car makers could meet requirements. I mean, manufacturers are jumping through hoops to meet emission...
  2. Gogo GTI

Big brother is watching!

Just to play devil’s advocate... This is something I never understood. If it’s against the law to go above 80mph (which I believe is the top speed limit in the US) why is it legal to make and buy cars that go well over 100mph? Are they thinking, “we can make the product but trust the customer...
  3. Gogo GTI

Show Me Your Car Smartphone Holders

Yes that did the trick! Thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Gogo GTI

So I finally got around to trying carplay. Bummer so it looks like carplay won't let you use Google maps? I really don't like using Apple map.
  5. Gogo GTI

Oh gotcha. I thought you meant you werent using carplay. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Gogo GTI

Thats what Ive been doing. But the traffic on my commute can be pretty unpredictable so Im constantly checking my phone as it wants to change the route. I need the phone to be up higher so I can keep my eyes up while driving. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Gogo GTI

Ha! Thanks for the reminder. Its been over two years and I never got around to playing with carplay. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Gogo GTI

I’ve started a new commute that has some gnarly traffic so Im heavily reliant on google maps now to avoid traffic. What smartphone holders are you using and why do you like it? Btw I have an iPhone if it matters. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Gogo GTI

What is your occupation?

Well if you can afford it, CA is an amazing place to live. I sure miss the Bay Area...... pre circa 2004. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Gogo GTI

What is your occupation?

Bio-Rad: where scientists go to die. *Not my quote. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Gogo GTI

Anyone Ever Run Across a Golf "El Camino"?

I used to see a converted Jetta VR6 on my commute. That guys was always hauling ass. Pretty funky.
  12. Gogo GTI

What is your occupation?

Worked as a research associate in biotech and drug discovery since graduating high school. Type 2 diabetes, then HIV, then metabolism, then worked 3 miserable years at a soul sucking major company which provides products for life sciences. Got burned out and now going back to school to be an...
  13. Gogo GTI

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad joke thread

How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh? Tenticles Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Gogo GTI

10 Things Hot Hatch Drivers Do!

Good vid but he fails at parking. I would never pick that spot. I dont do the hat thing but it seems like all the subie boys around here do. We dont wave or acknowledge each other on the road so sadly that one doesnt apply to us. I would like to add: Look back at your car 2 or 3 times when...
  15. Gogo GTI

2019 Mazda3

I’ve always been a fan of mazdas as well. My buddies 470hp MS3 is what inspired me to mod my grocery getter. Although I’ve got to say that I’m starting to dislike their styling choices especially the last mazda 3. It basically looks like a CX3 that they squished down a little. And it looks...
  16. Gogo GTI

How Do We Protect Against This?

Or a good caning or flogging. Lol! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Gogo GTI

Why??!!

There were definitely slammed imports in the 80s and 90s but this whole aesthetic of the wheel turned on its side has me baffled. Not sure how it all started but maybe life is imitating art. I remember a lot of the modded car illustrations back in the day would have extremely exaggerated...
  18. Gogo GTI

C8 'Vette

Cant believe I thought this was the coolest car ever when I was a little kid. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Gogo GTI

C8 'Vette

That is a beautiful car. I agree it doesnt look like a Corvette though. But it certainly looks way better than the current one which is way too angular and looks like an insect. Vettes are best when curvy with a big booty. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk