GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. PRRGG1

Photos from the past...

That's sooooo nice. Yours is a two door, right? Sure wish they still offered those.
  2. PRRGG1

Woodworking/Lumber Question

I'm not sure there's a way to successfully reverse the warp Scott, unless you use a jointer or planer and thin them down as you go. You could sticker them for a few more months and see if things change. Southern Yellow Pine is stout stuff, produced for deck boards, not precision carpentry...
  3. PRRGG1

Photos from the past...

Wow, those are excellent @1ashchuckton . (y) I don't think I've ever seen real deal VW race cars. Color and composition are fantastic. Pan shots are tough and you nailed them as well. Super cool stuff for sure. Thanks for posting these. 🚙
  4. PRRGG1

Snapshot of the day...

Our '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M trash talking with a Corvette Stingray C8. :D
  5. PRRGG1

Retirement Cake VW Style

Mmmm -- chocolate! But not German. Most of the cake was eaten at her party, but everyone thought to preserve the VW logo portion and that came home with us. (y)
  6. PRRGG1

Retirement Cake VW Style

My wife celebrated her retirement today. She loves her '17 Golf Wolfsburg 5M and being an avowed VW fan, her workmates knew just what to put on her cake. :D
  7. PRRGG1

Custom Car Posters - GTI Generations

My nephew found this super nice GTI Generations poster for me as a Christmas present and I think it's the coolest thing. He was even able to order it in Cornflower Blue. :) My photo below hardly does its quality justice. (Please forgive the glare on the glass too.) I looked up the maker on the...
  8. PRRGG1

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Thank you. It's funny that you mention that because I thought the trailing "N" was reversed, but couldn't find a graphic to support it. My memory was rooted in the videogame Quake (from 1996) where one of the weapons was a nail gun I think. The proper reversed N matches the Kia logo even...
  9. PRRGG1

New Kia Logo vs Nine Inch Nails

Kia's puzzling new logo has a vague similarity to the logo used by the '90s band Nine Inch Nails. In any case, I'm not a fan of Kia's attempt at rebranding.
  10. PRRGG1

Paint Color Names

I've always loved Mopar's color names such as Plum Crazy (Purple), Lime Light, Lemon Twist, Top Banana, Sassy Grass, Vitamin C (Orange) and others. Kia's Alien (Green) also deserves high marks. (y)
  11. PRRGG1

Paint Color Names

I found that Valspar paint at Lowes sometimes reuses the same paint color name for a different tint. I painted a piece of furniture in Coastal Dusk, then went to buy more two years later and found it was not the same color! :confused:
  12. PRRGG1

Paint Color Names

Recalling the Salsa Red color, the VW showroom brochure cautioned against "dipping your chip in it". :D
  13. PRRGG1

Paint Color Names

Our TDI Sportwagen 6M was Salsa Red. Now that color name makes sense! :)
  14. PRRGG1

Snapshot of the day...

Credit Union with class!
  15. PRRGG1

Any here into retro gaming?

I quit gaming some 20+ years ago, but my favorites were Wolfenstein 3D and Duke Nukem. I've not checked to see if there's modern PC versions of these, plus I'm used to playing with a joystick, not a mouse or keyboard.
  16. PRRGG1

Camera storage

I'm still using a camera bag bought at K-Mart 40 years ago. It's had a hard life, holds the DSLR and two lenses and will likely outlive me.
  17. PRRGG1

DELETE

I didn't have much of a chance to mess with Sirius, being overwhelmed with all of the other MIB3 functionality and Apple CarPlay. They used to allow six months free, now it's only three months free. They have some inexpensive offers to extend service, but you must give them your credit card...
  18. PRRGG1

Millenial Job Interview

I'm blessedly retired now, but I served on a number of interview panels and an employer has to be ever so careful about questions these days. We were forbidden to inquire about marital status, children or even ask if they had transportation. After hiring people who were less than honest about...