GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. swcrow

Changing to “update to ‘29” thread

The builder of the hood made it out of carbon fiber, but instead of putting a hole through the carbon fiber, made it into a “C” so it would fit around a bolt. There is a bolt hole in the radiator structural arm that allows a bolt to fit through, which the hood “wraps around”. No matter what...
  2. swcrow

Snowboarders....Need Boot and Binding Recommendations

Long story short......brother-in-law works for Burton...took demo boards out to Loveland this winter and fell in love with their new Step In technology boots/bindings, but $$$$$$, sooooooo even with his discount can't afford. I'll be buying the demo boards at the end of the season, but have no...
  3. swcrow

Anyone here work for UPS?

This is an extreme longshot, but I shipped an air ride kit and it fell off the radar and no one can find it. I’m getting the runaround trying to file a claim, and for the life of me. I can’t speak with an actual person. All I’m asking for is if someone works for UPS if they could somehow help...
  4. swcrow

Any Carburetors and Small Block SMEs in here?

Yeah so it's becoming increasingly hard to find knowledgeable folks on carburetors and small blocks....really on hot rods altogether, at least around where I am. Current set up: Running a standard small block 350 with 600cfm Edelbrock, mated to a TH200R in my '29 Ford (two bolt main) and want...
  5. swcrow

Anyone On Here an Enterprise Architect?

Hit me up on PM please....got some questions
  6. swcrow

Anyone own a 2010 Tiguan? Need advice

Found one and looking to pick it up for daughter…only 67k on the odometer. Any personal experience? TIA
  7. swcrow

Tax Advice Requested: 1099 Related

Not sure who we have onboard as our local tax expert, but though I’d throw this out there. My wife was just offered and accepted a 1099 position. While having managed 1099 personnel before, I’ve never been one so I’m unsure of what you can/can’t claim if you are one. Now that I’ll have to start...
  8. swcrow

Wife Looking for Part-Time Editing Position Soon.....Any Editors on Here?

My wife is looking to get back into working. She's a former M.S. and H.S. English teacher, has edited for Ft. Carson Mountaineer Post newspaper, edits friend's kids' essays and papers for fun..... Thankfully, I've had job opportunities presented to me before I needed one and at my stage in...
  9. swcrow

East Coast Pipeline Down

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/colonial-pipeline-ceo-warns-of-fuel-shortages-following-cyberattack Wonderful. VA is starting to feel it and now e'rybody is out fueling up.
  10. swcrow

Taxes.....Filing, Amending and Owing

Yeah....smh......it happened. I literally filed my taxes, was looking at a nice return, THEN got a 1099-R I had completely forgotten about from Jan of last year eliminating some debt using an old life insurance policy. So........ I went back into turbotax and started to amend my taxes...
  11. swcrow

Celebrating Thanksgiving with.....no one? What are you gonna do?

So I have an only child and we count on getting together with family so the cousins can all get together and have fun (I never had that growing up, so awesome to see relationships like this develop), buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, with everything going on, getting together with my wife's parents...
  12. swcrow

What All-Inclusive Resort Have You Stayed At? Would You Recommend?

Looking to go to one with my family next year ('21) and want to ask the masses for recommendations. We have a teen, so can't be an adult only resort. My wife and I went to Sandals Antigua after we got married (2 decades ago) and absolutely LOVED it! Beaches were gorgeous and tons to do, but...
  13. swcrow

Strafe Design Shipment Missing....Strafe or USPS Issue?

I ordered a rear diffuser on 20 Aug. It didn't ship until 1 Sept. It hit the Denver USPS sorting facility and then tracking stopped. USPS says it's still "en route" to end address. At what point do I throw the flag and look for reimbursement? I've already submitted a ticket through USPS...
  14. swcrow

Cell Pictures of What You're Doing Right Now..

Keep it PG y'all! Love AAA games
  15. swcrow

No Garage - Need Portable Car Port

So I have a 12x16 concrete pad I had poured when I moved into my new house to allow me to have a level area to work on my car. The house had no garage, so I gave myself enough room for the concrete pad before I dropped in a shed for storage. Before I haul off and buy a portable carport...
  16. swcrow

Need Guidance - Family Member Identity Stolen - What to do?

Need some guidance if this has happened to you OR you know what to do. Long story short, my FIL had his information stolen from that OPM hack that happened awhile ago. All his military info was stolen (SSN, address, numbers, personal info, etc). Someone has started claiming his identity...
  17. swcrow

Cirrhosis of the Liver - Need Advice

So most likely the most un-fun topic of the year in the off-topic lounge, but need to ping the masses and ask for advice. Found out a few months ago my MIL had Hep C (has evidently had for 30 years and medical community misdiagnosed all along), and yesterday tests confirmed she's now in...
  18. swcrow

Spartan Racers In Here?

Any other Spartan Racers in here? Had to throw the question out (did a search on topic and only found a reply in an old hobbies thread I wasn't reviving)....absolutely love these things....love pushing myself physically and these are the perfect outlet. Currently working on my first...