GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTIfan99

Stock mk8 GTI oil temps.

Observation: Mk8 oil temps in normal driving are 15 to 20 degrees F higher than either of my old mk7.5's. Anyone else notice this? I'm guessing they increased the oil temp for emissions/efficiency and/or it's due to the 0w20 oil. I'm seeing 219 - 222 F in normal driving and that was with 70...
  2. GTIfan99

Mk8 OEM Suspension Info

Hey, big thanks to @mwoodski for help finding spring information on the MK8. Below is the part number for the mk8 Club sport front springs. This spring is used on mk8 GTI, CS, and R, both manual and automatics...
  3. GTIfan99

GTIfan99 mk8 GTI 380 S review and "build" thread.

I put parentheses around build, because this isn't going to be much of a build. When I set out to build my mk7.5 Rabbit Edition, my goal was to build something that would perform similar to the mk7 Clubsport that could be autocrossed and tracked, but remain streetable. I think I made it...
  4. GTIfan99

What did you do to your mk8 today.

Seems to be a tradition with previous models, so here we go. Billetworkz shift knob.
  5. GTIfan99

The Official Mayo Containment Thread

After being disappointed that there is not an actual Mayo Forum, I've started this thread for all things Mayo.
  6. GTIfan99

Electric Hot Hatch

Thoughts? Doesn't look bad. AWD 329 hp. https://www.motor1.com/news/508470/volkswagen-idx-concept-reveal/
  7. GTIfan99

Lets do a Jetta TDI Cup racing series in iracing.

Who wants to do a spec racing series? What night is best? What tracks do you want to run?