GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

U.S. cities with the worst drivers in 2024

Can vouch for ABQ and DFW. All of Texas is just going to get worse with us doing away with inspections. That’s part of why NM is so bad.
  2. B

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

Still remote, office is 200 miles away, wife works for a London firm now. We spend way too much time together, even though we have two offices in our place. I need to get back into mid week bike rides just to make myself scarce.
  3. B

Dogs

Supermutt sounds so much cooler than Other.
  4. B

Dogs

Kudos to your shelter for getting her that healthy. Many wouldn’t have made that effort. And of course, kudos to you for continuing her story.
  5. B

MK8.5

I’m currently locked in a battle with one of my front orange reflectors. It’s a major pain to remove to replace with painted ones. I may be done with messing with the front bumper for a while.
  6. B

MK8.5

I think we’re all in the air on manuals right now. VW USA released a “final” version of the GTI and R with manuals for our 2024 cars, but with the change in EU laws making it easier to offer manuals again, no one has said if this is really the end. Supposedly they’re showing the Mk8.5 in...
  7. B

MK8.5

360 camera would be nice, I was sort of surprised that the Mk8 didn’t have it.
  8. B

BigEURO MK8 GTI, done?

Definitely like those more. I’d kill the side scuttles, but that’s just me.
  9. B

Movie and TV Recommendations

You guys are really selling it.
  10. B

MK7 steering vs Mk8 Steering

I got Goodyear SuperSports on the factory 19s and run 255/40-17 Hankook RS4 on Apex VS-5RS wheels.
  11. B

MK7 steering vs Mk8 Steering

I actually find on the lighter settings that it feels better than my Mk7.5. It does get a little vague when it’s in the heavier settings, but it’s also a little tire dependent. I swap between 19s and 17s and the steering feel is actually better with the 17s.
  12. B

MK8.5

I agree, it’s likely the answer, I just think it’s a dumb answer. But I have my car and they’re taking away the manual, so my next car won’t be a VW anyway.
  13. B

MK8.5

That’s just the base Golf wheel. Nothing new. Looks old and stupid, but whatever, I’ve got mine.
  14. B

MPG for GTI and R - MK8

23R manual 3,500 miles. I get 20-21 in town. I do get 33-35 on the highway though, but only have a few trips so far. It replaced a Mk7.5 GTI that generally got 25-26 in town and 36-38 hwy. Worth noting that GTI gearing is a lot taller than R gearing too.
  15. B

Hitch Bike Rack Clearance

I don’t have a hitch on my Mk8 R yet, but I did for five years on my Mk7 GTI and used it frequently with one, two and three One Up trays. Never bottomed it out. My buddy with a similar setup on his Model 3 frequently does though.
  16. B

Dogs

You need to mow your couch.
  17. B

Dogs

Yeah, some British twit designed my Beagle all wrong for the Texas summer. She spends most of her walks rolling to keep the white bits towards the giant fireball.
  18. B

Aha, Wrexham's origin story.
  19. B

International Asshat Smurf Impact Politik?
  20. B

Dogs

Dafuq is up with that water line? Do you water your shoes?