GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

Both 12v and 48v batteries failed after 75 miles - waited 4 weeks for batteries

That was only one of about 10 issues I had with the Golf. I got sick of it being in the workshop every other week, demanded they take it back with a full refund and bought a Peugeot instead. It is a shame, I really liked the car but probably not what you want to hear...
  2. B

Software Issues affecting SOS emergency calling

I gave up after 5 months and demanded all my money back. I have now bought a Peugeot, and whilst it's not as nice to drive as the Golf, I've not seen a single warning light!
  3. B

Trouble with travel assist

Yeh, sadly this is the place I bought it from and it's been broken since day 1 so it was their problem to resolve. There were also multiple other issues with turn by turn directions not displaying on the dashboard, "SOS Calling Unavailable" errors amongst others. I guess this threw them off the...
  4. B

3 months after them waiting for the software update for my travel assist problems, they applied it this week and guess what... the problem persists. They've now told me they need to replace the steering wheel and it's on back order for 4 weeks... I told them to make sure they order the harness...
  5. B

It's a fairly straight forward process I believe. https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights
  6. B

Mk8 golf software update

I've just been told by my dealership, where my car has been patiently waiting for fixes to these issues for the past 14 weeks, that VW have released a software update to resolve these issues. I'm not going to hold my breath....
  7. B

Yes, I had a similar error showing that the 12v battery was not charging. The next day it was totally dead and I couldn't start the car (Let alone open the doors using central locking). AA came and jump started the vehicle, I drove it back to the garage and they said that they needed to drain...
  8. B

Apparently they're "waiting for a software update to be created" 😢
  9. B

My Golf MK8 has had this problem, along with several other warnings since I purchased it in July. It's been back to the workshop 4 times and not resolved. Currently they've had it for 8 weeks and counting with no ETA for resolution. I'm pretty annoyed at it!
  10. B

Software Issues affecting SOS emergency calling

Hello from the UK, I bought a brand spanking new Golf MK 8 Style in July, and had nothing but problems with it. 1. It would regularly and randomly make a shorting out/popping sound in the speakers and display a message on the dash saying "Emergency call is activated" 2. It would show a yellow...