GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. L

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Agreed. Sad to hear about his passing. He seemed like he would be good company at a pub. Jim usually took the high road during tense online exchanges. RIP buddy.
  2. L

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Sorry brother, you get the credit for this public service reference. It clearly went into the subconscious while I was skimming through the thread trying to get caught up.
  3. L

Wow, reading the last few pages of posts by Voodoo, T-Rex or whatever alter ego - was like the verbal equivalent to the classic public service announcement that started with, "This is your brain. This is your brain on drug. Any questions?" Sorry, dating myself quite a bit with the egg in a...
  4. L

Agreed +100. It is doubtful that a novel "tax on unrealized capital gains" for the ultra rich would ever function as intended. The middle class would somehow get caught in the cross-hairs in short order. I believe the world of macroeconomics calls it the Law of Unintended Consequences. The...
  5. L

Well, it seems that politically talk will be allowed to continue in the "Off Topic / Misc" areas of an obscure car forum. I have a few personal take aways from this interesting roller coaster: 1. Political talk should remain relegated to the off topic areas. 2. Higher doses of common...
  6. L

The American public is quite vulnerable to false narratives from those who control the flow of information. That said, I am genuinely interested in hearing what you have to say about the "readiness" of the US Army. If we forgot to remind you, feel free to volunteer your perspective. Consider...
  7. L

OK, sorry, this response is going to be a bit long-winded. I find the subject of economics quite fascinating. I used to think Congress should aggressively strive to balance the budget. But they don't really have to, at least not in the typical up or down vote manner. We all know that it is...
  8. L

Ukraine: WAR Huh - What Is It Good For Absorootly Nothing

Every country and their mother probably has a Stinger type shoulder launch weapon system. But, I have to assume that Russia is holding back their air assets for some strategic reason. Could it be simple military math? Who wants to lose a 30 million dollar fighter jet (or 3.7 billon ruble...
  9. L

Yeah, the A-10 is quite the weapon. I would guess that the USAF keeps extending their life due to lack of a good replacement. Radar guided missiles can get jammed, but not much you can do to stop a low flying 30 mm cannon that unleashes depleted uranium shells. Heck, even the engine location...
  10. L

Corprin, I think you have asked an important question. What should the US be doing regarding the Russian invasion of Ukraine? I agree that our recent extended wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have made US troops on the ground in Ukraine a very unpalatable proposition with the American people...
  11. L

California is a beautiful state and an economic powerhouse, but not sure I would call their public policies SMARTER. Yeah, made me chuckle too.
  12. L

Indeed. I've met a few former New Yorkers during the pandemic who told me they eventually couldn't handle the loss of their freedoms and/or livelihoods. It seems easier for folks to vote with their Uhauls - especially with the explosion of 'work from home' arrangements.
  13. L

Here's my poor attempt to change the subject. I wonder which states and cities in the US will be the last to lift mandates and policies that have far outlived any overall societal benefits? There is always the chance for pockets of surprises. In the way of countries, I find it very...
  14. L

That was a vituperative detour. OK, serious question. Are COVID vaccine mandates inconsistent in a culture that accepts a woman's right to chose and have authority over her body?
  15. L

This is quite the bombshell. I understand that DMED (defense medical epidemiology database) contains some less than flattering medical history results, post COVID shots and boosters. I would venture to say that the DMED system has much more reliable information than the vastly under-reported...
  16. L

I haven't yelled at anyone for wearing a mask outside when alone, but I sure have been tempted. We call it "weak-minded" in my household whenever we see someone outside with a mask on by their lonesome. But, I believe in freedom - even if their choice makes them look silly. I think the idea...
  17. L

I could speculate that we are seeing the unwanted long-term side effect of compromised immune systems from the COVID shot, but I don't have any hard data to make this link. Anyone done the homework on this? And sorry if I missed it somewhere in the 60,000+ posts.
  18. L

As this current generation has seen, politics can have a huge affect on one's freedoms.
  19. L

I am noticing a trend within folks in my small social circle. I would call it buyers remorse. Some who I figured would never question the narrative are starting to wise up. I think getting sick immediately after the 1st or 2nd booster shot may have something to do with it, at least for some...
  20. L

Are there some stories that turn out to be false? Sure. Does that mean all stories are full of baloney? Hardly. I have family members that have had bad goes with the COVID shot. Not sure what you are specifically referring to when you use the word science, but there are plenty of...