GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Losing data connection

Try phoning We Connect directly. I got the phone number through the We Connect portal. They were brilliant and found the problem immediately. They knew my preferred dealership and contacted them with the resolution. Good luck.
  2. S

Losing data connection

I also lost data connection to the We Connect app. I phoned We Connect and after giving them my details, they were able to locate the problem remotely. They then sent the resolution to my dealership who have now (hopefully) corrected the problem and have also updated my media software.
  3. S

iPod connection?

I bought an MP 3 player (admittedly not a very expensive one) and kept getting the same message - media not supported, even when trying to connect through Bluetooth.
  4. S

iPod connection?

I was told by the dealer receptionist that her husband had the same problem and that newer iPods are OK. That was after I had bought various leads and connections. I gave up!
  5. S

iPod connection?

Thanks for the reply. Apparently the older iPods are not supported. Bit of a bummer really.
  6. S

iPod connection?

Does anyone know if an iPod or other media player can be connected to the Golf 8? I have bought the relevant cable to connect but I get the message 'media not supported'.
  7. S

Mk8 golf software update

After being in the dealership for 5 weeks, finally got my car back. Infotainment controller and 12v system controller were faulty and were on back order with VW, costing just under £4000. Now seeing what compensation I can claim for paying for a car that I have not had for 5 weeks.
  8. S

SatNav too bright

My car has been with the dealership now for over a week with various problems with the Infotainment system and occasional dash warnings. Apparently, the computer that drives the infotainment has a fault and VW have deemed it unsafe to drive. The computer is on back order and the dealership has...
  9. S

Mk8 golf software update

My car has been with the dealership for over a week now with Infotainment problems. Apparently, the main computer that drives everything has a fault and VW have deemed it unsafe to drive. The dealership have informed me I will not be charged for the courtesy car (!!!!!!!) and the replacement...
  10. S

SatNav too bright

Holding down button for 10 seconds did work. Thanks.
  11. S

SatNav too bright

Yes, I have tried holding the button (blue square) on the right for over 10 seconds. Absolutely nothing happens. Just been informed that my car has had some sort of priority booking and going in on the 5th November.
  12. S

SatNav too bright

I wouldn't think you can reset it. I think it will be a complete reset/update from the dealership and reading other posts I hope not a complete new unit.. I am starting to regret buying the Golf. Downsized from a Passat which was a lovely car.
  13. S

Mk8 golf software update

After a few issues with spurious error messages flashing up, after 10 days my Infotainment went down and now I have nothing! I now have to wait 2 and a half weeks before the dealership can get it in. I'm not happy. Surely this should be a priority with a car only 10 days old.
  14. S

SatNav too bright

Thanks for the reply. I had tried that but before I could try it at night the whole Infotainment system went down. A black screen with just a clock. No home screen, no SatNav screen, no radio/media screen, nothing. The car was 10 days old and I have to wait 2 and a half weeks before they can...
  15. S

SatNav too bright

I am starting to come to grips with the Infotainmet system, but cannot find how to turn the brightness down on the Satnav screen. Any suggestions? Thanks