GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

If I had a Toyota…

- you would need to adapt your bottom to narrow seat - would have accepted thin tin metallic sounds when closing the fuel cover and lightweight rear trunk door - would need to engage ACC and Autohold each time after starting the engine - get used to Asian GUI style and sounds Soundsystem is...
  2. G

We Connect Plus renewal

I did not decide for it. Of course my navigation maps did not update. Has anyone succeeded to update navigation database via USB?
  3. G

Key charger

There is warning, written in AID (had it month ago at approx 2 years of Mk8). Buy best CR2032 and replace it in couple of minutes. There are Youtube videos how to do.
  4. G

Inductive steering wheel

When travel assist engaged, my steering wheel lets me hold wheel from bars up. Feature or error? I would like to hold it at 17:35 position…
  5. G

VW Car Sales

... and in case, there is no wind and sun in Germany, they vehemently import coal based electricity from Poland. How else they would charge EVs? Oil industry is changing as well, they will not offer MV fuel, but they will rather refine higher and convert into other materials. On one hand side...
  6. G

Trailer hitch?

Let me share my experience. When ordering my Mk8, I chose original hitch as extra. It is costly and will never pay back (I not not exactly, but there are also some differences in car, like bigger cooler), but I did not want to bother with non original ones as for few hundred cheaper, they are...
  7. G

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

You are right. It keeps me wonder, how my regular petrol Style, produced Oct 2020, SW 1664, still works (first dealer visit in next 6000 km). Some minor glitches, that I used to live with, but generally, providing me A to B transportation.
  8. G

Is this the latest software?

I was driving rental Golf8 with SW 1803 end of May this year. Car, that I own still has 1664...
  9. G

GOLF 8 R Infotainment

Eric of Ayr: to see your video, must be logged on Vimeo - not open for public users... My 5 cents: since IOS 15 upgrade to my Iphone XR, Carplay wireless works much faster. Golf Style, Discover Media, SW 1664 Creating me doubt, should I prolong WeConnect Plus 145€ subscription (will expire in 2...
  10. G

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

I have experienced periods of charging on/off as well of no indicated issues. I also have to admit to do relatively short drives in past year, so I cannot give objective experience of charging being effective or not. Will observe more in the future.
  11. G

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

I confirm experience of p.eTSI. I have Style TSI130, 1664, Iphone XR (but had it on a rental car with 1803). Combination of wireless charging, having phone in protective case (increases heat retention), playing podcasts and using Apple maps for navigation, can result into overheated phone...
  12. G

We Connect does not!

I had app and deleted it from phone. Useless for me (1664), if I cannot send address to cars own navigation system. I have Carplay for that. To monitor to fuel consumption: why would I need that? More throttle: bigger consumption and vice versa. Simple as that.
  13. G

Tow hitch

Anyone (else) has a original tow hitch? I bought mine to mount bike rack. And then the fun began...
  14. G

Real reason for Lane Assist.

You are right. Well, I miss possibility of full X-Y air vent adjustment with extra knob to open/close. I do not like full speed air to be blown into my body.
  15. G

Travel assist problems.

My personal opinion is, that travel assist is receiving speed limitation data from built in maps. Which are far from being perfect. Having rental Golf 8 SW1803 in the middle of Germany, I switched option to adjust speed limits (I do not know, how it is called in English - will have a look). In...
  16. G

Software Update

Few minutes ago I gave back rental Golf 8 United (maybe rent a car version). Discovery media SW 1803 Compared to my 1664 differences are: - no issues wit Carplay connection - carplay menu speed OK (mine can be very slow) - after entering adress and guidance in Carplay, navigation worked even on...
  17. G

Virtual Cockpit Navigation

Not to open a new thread: - how useful do you find WV navigation? - quality of UI, POI ... - do you happen to know the producer of database (Here, Google...)? In my case, navigation knows the position of my home (street name, house number) - it can show it in map. If I want to navigate home...
  18. G

We Connect issue

Happened to me as well.
  19. G

Losing data connection

As long as it is not raining, my procedure is as follows: - open the door - sit on the seat, clutch, engine start - car will start beeping that engine is running and door is open - after 3 beeps, I close the door (just enough time to fasten seat belt) In most cases Carplay connects, sometimes...
  20. G

Software Update

With time, you will go over five stages of grief. After 6 months, I am almost on acceptance level :mad:. Have a look at ACC settings and turn off the settings, where speed is regulated according to traffic signs and or data from map. My experience is, that car uses too much available...