GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

21 visits to the dealership, in 24 months still no connection to mobile or app connect, also problems with travel assist tried to discuss with vw exect but still won’t admit there’s an software issue🤬🤬
  2. G

Still no joy with a software fix, car spent two days in the dealership and error continued and now waiting for VW to come up with a solution/fix. Dealer told me to ignore or be careful what I read on this forum as each each fix is for a certain build or part number and may not be for my car🤔...
  3. G

:mad: Initially told by VW that the software fix was available my my golf Mk 8 style and to book the car in, confirmed by dealer that there was a fix. only to now be told that the software fix isn't for my Infotainment Hardware as it's B and the fix is for C and above. VW recognise that there is...
  4. G

1896 was released to dealers on the 08th March. So just been booked in for download 🤞that it resolves all issues🤞
  5. G

I’ve asked Meera to put everything she has said in writing, funny enough no reply after 48 hours 🤬🤬
  6. G

Had another frustrating conversation with meera and again it’s not VWs issue but the dealers to sort out. VW will not take any responsibility for the software issues that they have known about. The day I collected my golf is the day VW suspended the production of the Golf to try and rectify the...
  7. G

I have also been passed to Meera Chand, who appears polite and apologetic but still insists it’s the dealers responsibility on not VWs. I tried to get my point across that the car is built by VW and errors were Known by them so VW should take some responsibility. But the conversation came to...
  8. G

After my 15th visit back to the workshop for a new SOS module and recall update, Bluetooth, app connect and no warning lights all working for my 30 minute journey home. But today back to no Bluetooth, no app connect & warning - travel assist limited 🤬🤬 16th visit booked. Requested that dealer...
  9. G

Does anyone know what the most up to date software version for infotainment on Golf mk8 style 2020 build? I’m currently on 1668 and the dealer hasn’t a clue🤬
  10. G

Car now 20 months old, had steering wheel changed, numerous updates since and still experiencing errors with travel assist/ TPM/e-sim/ no blue tooth, so emailed VW CEO who arranged for UK to contact me and just had my 14th visit back to the dealership to try and identify issues only to find out...
  11. G

Mk8 golf software update

I had the software upgrade (1668) and new steering wheel and harness in January and majority of the previous issues were rectified. I get the occasional issue with parking sensor, ACC picking up different speeds than the actual speed limit in force. Phone does not connect to Bluetooth...
  12. G

Trouble with travel assist

Hardware H56 and software 1668.
  13. G

Took the dealership 4days to carry out all the software upgrades and change the infotainment control box. Hopefully this will rectify all the issues..... only time will tell🤞
  14. G

I’ve taken my car into the dealership today for another diagnostic check and the two software upgrades. It’s been agreed that if the errors continue after the upgrade then the dealership will look at a replacement vehicle
  15. G

Out of curiosity. What week build is your car?
  16. G

Doesn’t fill me with hope.
  17. G

Has anyone had the software updates yet? I’m booked in next week and thanks to massimo updates I’ve got the the dealership to check if I need a new controller plus software. It appears that the dealerships are on the back for all the time and not being made aware from VW that there’s a...
  18. G

I’ve been informed that there are two current software updates and this a voluntary recall and should fix all software issues🤔