GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. P

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I have just had a new steering wheel and upgrade to 1896. I also couldn't get primary user to work, checked the app was working correctly, password etc. After about 5 attempts over 2 days it just suddenly accepted it and all is good. One issue I had was my phone would have to be paired 4 out of...
  2. P

Software update- review

Hi, I have a mk 8 GTi on 2020 plate. I recently took my car in for a service and they noted a travel assist problem that required a new steering wheel. They have now done this and my software has now been updated from 1668 to 1896. Since then I have had no error messages and my phone which would...
  3. P

Sat Nav in central display??

Hi, on my golf GTi I have the sat nav which I actually think is pretty good but don't seem to be able to display it in screen on the Speedo screen. This is something that was possible in my 7.5 match edition. So am I missing something or is it not possible? I do have a navigation option but it...
  4. P

Active Info Display - show your setup!

I had this issue, put the lap timer in the central screen and then couldn't remove it as view change up and down just changes timer options. I did sort it in the end but can't remember how. If anyone is stock, call out and I'll try again.
  5. P

Warning Triangle

Yes, have fitted mine too. Cheap and much better than having a hole with looms behind!
  6. P

Warning Triangle

Hi, did you get this and does it fit? I cancelled my Amazon delivery as it was still out of stock.
  7. P

Warning Triangle

Did you see my post on the keyless entry software code that is needed for keyless issues? I didn't know whether to create a unique post fit anyone who might search for a fix.
  8. P

Warning Triangle

Thanks Massimo! Ordered ready for when they have stock back in! You are a star.
  9. P

Warning Triangle

Hi, how much did the triangle cost? I was thinking of buying on eBay. Would you be able to take some measurements of the box size?
  10. P

Bluetooth Woes - Media hell

Media update: I have purchased a USB to C type adaptor from eBay, loaded my music into a USB stick and it works perfectly on the car, with album art and folder structure visible on the car, fantastic! Spotify is now working visa Bluetooth also, although functionality is restricted to play or...
  11. P

*Keyless entry fixed* Hoorah! The main dealer performed a software update that has completely fixed this problem. I will try to attach a photo! Software update: TPI206781/2
  12. P

*update 4* having played about with keyless entry last night I have discovered the heroes entry only works if you airsick the car from the rear, which seems ludicrous! I seem to have to connect the phone via Bluetooth when I get in the car but it does then pick up my contacts etc and if I open...
  13. P

*update 3* decided today to put the media issues to one side, opened the sunroof and just drove it, awesome, great car, great fun and faith restored 😁
  14. P

*update 2* it seems that the keyless entry only works if the car is approached from behind, which seems crazy, no? Booked in on Friday. Next bit, anyone know how to reset the trip as I have just refueled (Tesco 99 momentum).
  15. P

*update* so I turned off the option in Android auto to start when Bluetooth is connected and now my phone contacts etc work ok but no success with any media other than radio. My next attempt will be to run Spotify on my phone once connected via Bluetooth and see what happens and see what happens
  16. P

Hi Massimo, I will book it in ref the keyless entry as it's easy to demonstrate. Yes, I have Dab radio which works great although not sure why they put favourites in a line and not use the whole screen? I have subscribed to Spotify but when I connect up to Android auto on the car it says...
  17. P

Hi folks, So I have just bought a used golf GTI mk8. Before I picked it up I made sure it had the latest software (1668). I have had it since Saturday and there is much to love but the keyless entry worked a couple of times and never since (sigh). I have not been able to successfully connect via...