GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. king1138

CSB3: 2x4 Method Proves Inferior To Koni Struts

Thankfully I had a third candidate who did make an effort to be presentable.
  2. king1138

My last round of interviews I had two candidates come in with dirty t-shirts and jeans. Who TF can't even put on a clean t-shirt for a damn job interview?
  3. king1138

Nah, their resale value is terrible...
  4. king1138

Agreed! Absolutely amazing drive.
  5. king1138

Wow, you're up in my neck of the woods! Most people don't even acknowledge the existence of Wyoming except for Yellowstone...
  6. king1138

Has anyone here seen the new Mini Cooper S interior? WTF??
  7. king1138

No, but it's right around the corner from my work so it's easy to snap a few pics from time to time. They spray over it in black and put up new art about once a year, pretty cool stuff.
  8. king1138

As a former dealership tech, I can verify with certainty that warranty time is NOT how long it takes. At least not for the first 10 or so times on a job. After you've done a few, maybe you can make a few minutes profit. Maybe.
  9. king1138

Book Recommendations - What are you Reading

I just finished that book few weeks ago, what an interesting read. I liked it a lot.
  10. king1138

I used to have a B&M metal shifter handle in a third gen Camaro with t-tops. The t-tops would magnify the heat from the sun and heat up that shifter to molten magma temps. I had to keep a rag in the console to shift on sunny days, even in the winter. Do not recommend.
  11. king1138

So does every professional automotive shop in the country, haha. Those allen holding fixtures are garbage if there's even a little rust.
  12. king1138

Maybe I could even get her to pay for half of it out of her allowance :unsure:
  13. king1138

That's some excellent step-by-step guide. Thankfully, I have been able to keep my temper with her while she is learning (which is more than I can say for my wife, who my daughter describes as "dramatic", haha). I also know I'll be needing a clutch soon anyway, so if she burns out the clutch or...
  14. king1138

I have too steep of a driveway for that, but I'm across the street from a school that has a nice, big, flat, empty parking lot!
  15. king1138

That's great suggestion. Being 15 she basically lives on her phone, haha
  16. king1138

So my oldest kiddo is just learning how to drive. Currently, she mostly drives her own car, a 2003 Toyota Matrix with 164k miles that's somehow still in great shape mechanically. However, it's an auto. I want her to learn driving a manual, so I'm planning on getting her driving my GTI. Any of...
  17. king1138

CSB - I wore a Halloween costume for the first time last year at the tender age of 37... My parents were insanely religious when I was a kid, and they flat forbade me from participating in the devil's holiday. I just wanted the free candy. Jeez. But last year, I went as Tom Hanks from Cast Away...
  18. king1138

Stupid prizes

I gave up riding a few years ago because of how many close calls I had. Those folks doing the turn left in front of motorcycles are so oblivious. And with so many people texting while driving, I just couldn't keep riding. I thought I would miss it, but I really don't. There's something to be...
  19. king1138

Diablo and Countach for sure are cool names, but not very good cars. Exciting and interesting for sure, but not "good" Delta Integrale translates to integral delta, so that's a stupid name. Plus generally a catastrophically unreliable car. Judge is a special edition of GTO, so that doesn't...