GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Maturedriver

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

I get the feeling VW have not made any improvements to the steering wheel to stop these warnings and bongs appearing. After all, I had no issues with the first steering wheel for about a year. The wheel was replaced which sorted it but now about a year later I am having issues again. If VW have...
  2. Maturedriver

I had a new steering wheel fitted some while ago due to inoperative SOS and Travel Assist warnings appearing on the dash plus the annoying ‘bongs’. Blow me (which nowadays has a different meaning😳) the warnings and ‘bongs’ have returned with a vengeance. I guess another steering wheel is...
  3. Maturedriver

Infotainment making clicking sound and calling breakdown

There is much talk about AI (Artificial Intelligence) but VW have cleverly developed AS (Artificial Stupidity).
  4. Maturedriver

Latest!

To paraphrase a couple of well known motor car advertisements:- ‘Fortunately not everything in life is as unreliable as a VW which explains why the car in front is a Toyota’.
  5. Maturedriver

Since getting my 2020 GTE I have had more than my fair share of software issues requiring at least 6 visits to the dealer for software updates, plus a new steering wheel and various modules. For several months the car has been behaving itself but yesterday the warnings and bongs started again...
  6. Maturedriver

Key battery

There a lot of fake batteries out there. I bought some ’Duracell’ batteries off eBay and they lasted a few days. Got some from Tesco and it was obvious that they were genuine. Lasted for ages. The packaging had dates and codes printed on them. The eBay ones didn’t.
  7. Maturedriver

This forum is slow to open (VW must be involved).

Am I alone in having issues opening this forum. The blue line at the top of the page sometimes fails to move and a message will often say that I am offline, which is incorrect. I assume that this site operates in sympathy with VW’s rubbish software.
  8. Maturedriver

What is this symbol?

It’s telling you that you are driving a VW. Get out while you can 🙄.
  9. Maturedriver

DO NOT carry out software updates.

I am constantly waiting for software based things to stop working. I’m frequently operating functions to see if they are still operative. Doing software updates only leads to extra frustrations and stress which I can do without.
  10. Maturedriver

Pleased to report that on a 60 mile journey today both the ACC and Travel Assist worked perfectly and I used one or other at every opportunity. Obviously the computery thing must have had a hissy fit (to be fair, so did I) and after a couple of nights rest it pulled itself together, did the...
  11. Maturedriver

If I had a Toyota…

Good news! Toyota has changed it’s mind. They ARE going to bring the latest VERY MUCH improved Prius to the UK next year. I believe it will only be available as a PHEV. An excellent RELIABLE replacement for my GTE. Not as quick but fast enough.
  12. Maturedriver

I always thought updates only took place with the ignition on and the engine running. I’m sure I’ve seen a message on the screen saying that the update will finish the next time the car is run if the engine is turned off before the update is completed (or words to that effect). Pretty crap...
  13. Maturedriver

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I bought my car in October 2020 (first batch of GTEs in the country) and I now have 1941 with all the associated issues. Please read my recent thread on software updates.
  14. Maturedriver

Just looked. My car has been ‘down dated/graded’ from 1899 to 1941. If ever the expression ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it‘ was true this must be it. SRGTD thanks for your reply. Never considered the insurance implications of this. We are now in mad over complicated world. Come back Mini...
  15. Maturedriver

A word to the wise. DO NOT CARRY OUT SOFTWARE UPDATES. Today I was invited to do a OTA software update. It said something about CPU or CUP and much textual diarrhoea. I clicked OK and the infotainment screen was unavailable for about ten miles. When completed the screen returned to normal. I...
  16. Maturedriver

Waze

Eventually I built up enough enthusiasm to try to operate CarPlay. I can get Google Maps and I managed to work out how to enter destinations but I can’t get Waze to work. The map appears but when I enter a destination the dreaded wirily thing just spins.
  17. Maturedriver

Waze

Is it possible to view Waze on the infotainment screen of my 2020 MY Mk8 using my iPhone. If so, how do I get it to operate? Thanks in advance.
  18. Maturedriver

We Connect now My Volkswagen?

VW has just emailed to offer me a 12 month subscription to WeConnect Plus for £109, reduced from £129. Still about £100 too expensive. Since I gather WeConnect is being scrapped this month why didn’t they mention MyVolkswagen?
  19. Maturedriver

We Connect now My Volkswagen?

My car was 3 years old on the 20th October. That evening both WeConnect and My Volkswagen was turned off. It will cost £129 a year to turn it back on. I will not bother.
  20. Maturedriver

MPG for GTI and R - MK8

Sadly nowadays performance cars are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I currently have a surprisingly quick GTE which is very economical but I rarely get the opportunity to give it the beans 😢.