GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Convenience Seating Function

Between VW Customer Services and my supplying dealer, they reckoned they couldn’t find an identical vehicle to mine in 12 months of searching. This was to try and ascertain whether it was a generic problem or one specific to my car. Despite this, it took me just 10 minutes searching the VW...
  2. M

GPS position is out of sync

Hello. It’s happened once to me in 19 months and just seemed to sort itself out the next time I switched the ignition off and on again. This one occurrence was a couple of months ago on software version 1890 (can’t remember what version the Sat Nav was on). Anyway, nothing since, so hoping it...
  3. M

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Hi Massimo - apologies for the delay in replying to this, but I get this oil level notification on my Golf, which only has the 1890 software package. As previously said, you need to open the bonnet then switch the ignition on. The image comes up after 3-4 seconds and disappears after about a...
  4. M

Boot liner /spare wheel question

I have a MK8 GTD with the space saver spare wheel and my boot floor is always kept in the lower position, so as to give a bit more capacity. I don’t have a boot liner, but have no problems with the boot floor and I even have a few extra bits in the spare wheel bay such as emergency seat covers...
  5. M

I too had another conversation with Meera today and although still extremely apologetic, it is the dealers responsibility to resolve, despite the fact that VW haven’t yet supplied the corrected software! Another call planned for next week to achieve nothing I suspect. ☹️
  6. M

Just been thinking about this a little bit. I’ve noticed that since the 1890 update, the Sat Nav thinks I’m going down some slip roads at motorway junctions rather than staying on the inside lane. Previously, it correctly recognised I was staying on the motorway. Have you noticed this at all...
  7. M

Thanks for the update. Have tried that email address now. Will see what happens. I’m really intrigued to know if those at the top know of all the problems customers are having or whether they just aren’t interested.
  8. M

Have sent email, short and sweet, but don’t expect a response. I also tried emailing alex.smith@volkswagen.co.uk but got that back as a delivery failure. If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen. Perhaps it is now!
  9. M

Meera is also dealing with my case. She is polite and apologetic with me too, but keeps pushing me back to the supplying dealer as the place to get issues resolved as ‘that’s what they’re there for’. She does keep in contact with both me and the dealer, but when most of the problems appear to...
  10. M

Mines back at the garage on Monday. I’ll see if they have heard anything about 1896. Doubt it though, you seem to know much more that they do!
  11. M

I have software version 1890 in my GTD which was upgraded at the start of January. My car was going in for a number of problems and I quoted the TPI that Massimo stated in a previous thread. This, combined with the fact that I’d already logged a fault against the Travel Assist system, gave the...
  12. M

Fourth desktop to bridge the generation gap (concept)

Happy to have it on my screen, but like you say, most unlikely to happen!
  13. M

help with keyless entry mk8

You can get an online manual here:- https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/my-car/manuals.html Just need to enter your registration number or VIN and you can at least read the manual although I don’t think it lets you download a copy.
  14. M

Key battery flat

My Golf is 10 months now, but I had to replace a key battery a couple of months ago. I have keyless access switched off via the infotainment system and don’t use the car very often. I do use the same key all of the time, leaving the other as a ‘spare’. We also have a Skoda Fabia with keyless...
  15. M

I used to get them very frequently although only once in the last 3 months or so. I put it down to the fact that I don’t use the car very much as they were only ever displayed when I went to use it after a week or more. It seemed to me that not using the car steadily drained the battery and...
  16. M

Is this the latest software?

I have software version 1890 in my GTD which was upgraded a couple of weeks ago. My car was going in for a number of problems and I quoted the TPI that Massimo stated in a previous thread. This, combined with the fact that I’d already logged a fault against the Travel Assist system, gave the...
  17. M

Glass panoramic roof and some other things...

Hello. I have the panoramic sunroof in my MK8 GTD. A few things to note from my experiences to date:- 1) Alas, after 5 months it has developed a rattle. Not unsurprising though as I had the same issue with the MK5 and MK7. Back to the dealers next month for a new frame to be fitted in the...
  18. M

Have just replaced my first key battery after 7 months and 4600 miles. Where do you keep the key when not in use? My dealership advised me that if the key is within range of the car (they aren’t sure of the exact distance, but a maximum of between 5 and 10m), then the key will communicate with...
  19. M

Previously on 1803. Quoted the TPI that Massimo listed on the previous page to ask them to look at the software update. I’d already logged a fault with the dealership about the faults with ACC etc, so they had a reason from me to investigate and therefore once satisfied that this TPI covered...
  20. M

So, I’ve got my GTD back tonight, complete with the 1890 software update. Have only driven it back from the dealership (20 miles), but the ACC, speed limit signpost recognition and Travel Assist all worked extremely well. Not had much chance to play much further, but all seems good so far...