GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Parking manoeuvre unavailable on start up

I also have this problem, it's very annoying. Did you manage to get it fixed? Thanks,
  2. A

We Connect now My Volkswagen?

Been forced to installing this. Selecting Driving Data results in this: {"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"Mismatching redirection URI"} What a disappointment!
  3. A

Extended Warranty

Thanks. They’ve offered me VW extended - All Component or Named Component cover so like you I’ll probably go for it since all the expensive electrical components are covered e.g. control units, infotainment display etc. as well as engine parts and labour.
  4. A

Extended Warranty

So the warranty runs out at the end of the month and they’ve given me the option of 1 rear extended. Has anyone done this and is it any good?
  5. A

Sending destinations from "We Connect" app to car

How do you select a destination? I don’t seem to have that option available.
  6. A

Driving Profile again

Thanks for all the detail here regarding your experiences. My car is a manual gearbox. Eco, Comfort and Sport modes are preset but I can change the Individual settings. However, there is no difference in how the car drives in any of them with respect to steering or throttle response etc.. Very...
  7. A

Driving Profile again

I’ve had this mk8 RLine now for nearly 3 years and I still don’t understand the Diving Profile mode and no-one seems to either including the dealer. It’s got eco, comfort, sport and individual but they are all the same in terms of how the car drives so I’ve given up any suggestion’s welcome!
  8. A

We Connect Plus renewal

I only find it useful for checking my mpg. The thing that is most annoying is that it keeps telling me my car is unlocked when it isn’t. Maybe they will add more features and make it more reliable?
  9. A

We Connect Plus renewal

My We Connect Plus Contract expires in December is it worth renewing as It’s not cheap?
  10. A

Mk 8 whirring noise

I’ve got a manual 150 MK 8 Golf R line and it doesn’t make a whirring noise at all.
  11. A

Software updates

From time to time the infotainment system says do I want to update the software for bug fixes improvements etc. I’m always a bit nervous about doing this in case some error occurs and nothing works anymore. Has anyone done this and how reliable is it?
  12. A

No mk9 Golf?

13. A

Heated Steering Wheel

I’ve noticed since the cold weather started, the heated steering wheel comes on when I start the car. Is there any menu/setting to disable this. Thanks
  14. A

We Connect - Car unlocked bug

I’ve noticed the same problem with ‘We Connect’ if I don’t use the car for a week and check, then it always says it’s unlocked and the bonnet and boot is open and sometimes the windows. I then go out and check and everything is locked and ok. I then unlock and lock it again and everything is...
  15. A

Voice Control

Since the 1896 s/w update, the female voice response to “Hello Volkswagen“ has gone and replaced with a beep and a message on screen instead. I’m a bit disappointed with this, has anyone else noticed it?
  16. A

We Connect is total pants.

I haven’t had a problem with it at all apart from occasionaly saying the car is unlocked when it isn’t. So I just unlock it and then lock it again, update and it’s ok again. Everything else works. Never had to delete the app and reload it again .
  17. A

Infotainment screen completely off.

Thanks for the info on this. Did the dealer say that this is a known problem and that software version 1890 does actually fix it.
  18. A

Yesterday with the car started, I held the ‘sensor field’ (infotainment system on/off) for about 10 seconds and it all came back on and is working normally now. Why did I have to do this I never manually turn it off and there’s no mention as far as I can see in the user manual about this, unless...
  19. A

Will disconnecting the battery affect other systems in the car?
  20. A

So I started the car today and the infotainment screen just doesn’t work at all. Tried turning the engine off several times but no luck. Any ideas... Thanks.