GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Z

e-hybrid display confusion

Please can anyone point me in the direction of an explaination of the %Charge-%Power-Rev counter display on my 2021 Golf e-hybrid. I am confused about the green, white and blue lines before the obvious rev counter part of the circle. The manual is particularly useless in this respect. Thanks in...
  2. Z

Parking break binding

If I leave my Golf e-Hybrid (2021) more than a few days on the drive, the breaks bind briefly as I back off the drive. Is there any way round this?
  3. Z

Infotainment system rebooting

My 2021 Golf 8 eHybrid's infotainment system reboots itself arounf once or twice every two weeks or so whilst I am driving. Does anyone else have this problem?
  4. Z

Dynamic Background Lighting ???

I have just finished the free trial of Dynamic Background Lighting on my Golf eHybrid. I noticed nothing different from what I had previously. What is it for and what does it do? Any ideas?
  5. Z

Only 80% charge added

When my Golf eHybrid is out of electricity and therefore running on petrol, the next time I smart charge I never get more than an 80% added (11kWh) according to my ev.energy app. Why is this? I would expect 100% to be added from empty. I have contacted ev.energy who supply the app which...
  6. Z

e-Hybrid predicted range

Hi, I wonder if anyone can illuminate me as to why I get a predicted range of between 30 and 40 miles when the car has been 100% charged. The predicted range is usually about right but why such a disparity in the prediction? My car is a Golf 8 e-Hybrid bought new last October (2021). Lovely car...
  7. Z

Automatic door lock

Sometimes my Golf 8 eHybrid locks itself after a period of inactivity which is good. However, sometimes it doesn't! Any ideas?
  8. Z

Latest software update has disabled Voice Control

I purchased Voice Control when I bought my new Golf e-Hybrid last October. I use it a lot. However, I kept being promped to download and install the update MO13_EU_VW_R8960L. I carried this out today as I like to keep things up-to-date. However, when trying to use Voice Control I now get...
  9. Z

Anti-theft Alarm would not turn off - Golf 8 e-Hybrid

Hi, My anti-theft alarm went off this morning when I remotely unlocked the car with the key fob. I could not get it to stop wailing what ever key fob button I pressed. According to the manual I should be able to stop it by pressing the unlock key. No luck. After a while; many minutes later it...
  10. Z

Cubic Telecom notifications

I keep getting an in-car notification that my free Cubic Telecom data has run out. I delete the message and it comes back again after a day or two. How can I stop getting this notification?
  11. Z

Button on end of indicator stalk

Hi, I am confused by the button right on the end of the indicator stalk. When pressed a message on the dash shows a tick next to "Lane Assist". That is all I ever says and does nothing. My car is a new Golf 8 eHybrid. I can't find anything in the manual. Can I turn off lane control?
  12. Z

Strange double beep sound

Hi, I have a new Golf 8 eHybrid and I am getting a strange double beep sound now and again. Sometimes it seems to correspond with another visual warning or message but usually not. I cannot find out anything about this in the manual. I was sitting in the car today with everything turned off and...
  13. Z

Alexa not responding

Hi, I have taken delivery of my new Golf 8 eHybrid. I have downloaded the Alexa app from the Volkswagen shop and it all seems to be installed OK. However it does not respond to me saying Alexa to it. I have also installed Voice recognition and that works (now and then)! I have the trial data...