GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Golf R 20

So would that mean the extra power would mean 344bhp in Europe and 337bhp in the US? Is the 20 year anniversary only going to be sold in Europe? Or is there any news of it coming to the US as well?
  2. C

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I have the 1880 software. And I still get the errors you are getting as well as what I wrote above about my radio. In addition to what I wrote in post # 453. Sometimes when I turn the car on and its in radio mode. As soon as the phone connects to the car with the usual sound I have for text...
  3. C

Im not sure what Globe means. Where would I look that up to see if Globe is online?
  4. C

There are a number of things that annoy me with the electronics in this car as well as issues with the infotainment system. But there is one issue which drives me crazy. And it happens at least 4 to 5 times a week. sometimes even twice a day. And sometimes it doesnt happen. If this happened...
  5. C

Golf MK8 R or Golf Clubsport MK8 spindle/knuckle part #s

I cant seem to find the front spindle/knuckle part #s for the Golf R MK8 or the Golf Clubsport MK8. When I checked the US microfiche. There were pretty much no part #s listed for the Golf R MK8 since its new here in the US I guess. As for the Clubsport MK8, there isnt anything listed here in...
  6. C

Golf R 20

The article says that the limited edition comes with a more powerful 328bhp engine which is 22bhp more powerful than the current Golf R engine. However VW claims the current Golf R has 315bhp/316bhp (depends which specs you look at) If we go by what the article says, then the current Golf R...
  7. C

You map in the infotainment section looks so much better than what we have here in the US. Even our google map when connecting to the Android doesnt look as good. Here is what our crap looks like whether its behind the steering wheel or the infotainment system
  8. C

MK8 and MK7 knuckle fitment question

I tried looking up part #s online. But cant seem to find MK8 or Clubsport S MK8 part #s. Does anyone happen to know whether the Golf Clubsport S MK7 and the Golf Clubsport S MK8 use the same aluminum knuckles/spindles? I would assume they do since aftermarket LCAs fit both the GTI MK7 and GTI...
  9. C

Oh I forgot to add two more things LOL. The time/clock changed on its own 3 times. It keeps going back one hour. So I changed it back. And my seating position remained all the way back and didnt set itself to the memory distance 4 times so far. Ever since the first couple of issues began. I...
  10. C

My 2022 MK8 6spd was made mid October 2021 and delivered to my dealer mid November 2021. I picked the car up Jan 4th 2022. Since I got the car I made 3 appointments with the service department to do a diagnostic so they can get rid of all the little gremlins in my car that are causing issues...
  11. C

has anyone changed the shift knob on the new GTI with a manual transmission?

I never drove the Mk7 so I cant tell you whats better. But I will say that weighed shift knob made shifting feel better. Once I install the Deutsch holy shift short shifter tomorrow I will let you guys know how itfeels
  12. C

Installed a Raceseng weighted shift knob on my MK8 today

I got my Raceseng Chicane weighted shift knob yesterday. It was installed today at 1030pm. But it was too cold to attempt to install the Deutsch Holy Shift quick shifter. From what I can tell the Raceseng quality is amazing. My only complaint is that I wish they made a leather wrap instead of...
  13. C

VW MK8 license plate relocation kit installed on my car

A few people on another forum were asking whether anyone makes a tow hook license plate bracket for the MK8. Before I saw what another forum posted I ordered the JGR relocation kit. I didnt know that the MK7.5 and older generation relocation plates kits didnt fit the MK8. I responded that I...
  14. C

Golf R MK8 and price insanity... Share you experience and opinions

@ilikevenice it may be cheaper for you to get the car in NY. You can either fly here and pick up the car. Or have it shipped. Shoot me a PM and we can talk. I get nothing for the people I send Mark my dealer. I just bank up the sales he makes so I get a really good deal on the next car I...
  15. C

Golf R MK8 and price insanity... Share you experience and opinions

I picked up my 2022 MK8 Autobahn in Pomelo Yellow in a 6spd with all season rubber front and rear mats with the GTI logo in red for $1000 over msrp. Originally the dealer wanted $5k over msrp. But the car was there since the 1st week of Nov. They were paying interest on the car since that...
  16. C

The whole point of a 6spd is because we enjoy shifting using a clutch.
  17. C

Mk8 GTE Tune

Im new to VW's. And the funny thing is Ive wanted a Golf since I was 19 back in 1994. I fell in love with 1994 Golf R32 in Ginster Yellow. But somehow it just never worked out. Either because the lease prices were too high as well as insurance. Or something the cars werent in stock when my...
  18. C

I am ordering a weighted shift knob from Raceseng. In order for it to fit you would have to also order the 081202 adapter which is the VW/Audi NTA (none thread adapter). You can also add a shift collar boot NTA. Here is the link. Im ordering the Chicane. It only weights 0.90lb but its the...