GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. N

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

my infotainment has been rebooting itself lately randomly while driving so hoping this update has fixed that carplay was also acting up lately, i imagine they're linked somehow went on a drive after the update and everything was pleasantly fine, lets see if this stays :)
  2. N

Car just started doing this update. Is this the most recent one, anywhere I can see more notes on what this is for?
  3. N

Do you think the new CarPlay features might make it to the MK8?

Agreed, they'd be foolish not to adopt this!
  4. N

Do you think the new CarPlay features might make it to the MK8?

It looks incredible, we can bypass the whole infotainment and adopt the Apple one if VW lets us! Video - Article - https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/6/23156741/ios-16-carplay-apple-wwdc-hvac-deeper-integration
  5. N

Touch Sliders Not Working??

Just to update this thread, the whole unit had to be replaced, thankfully under warranty :)
  6. N

Ahhh gotchu, cool that makes sense :) Hopefully next time I visit, they'll update it!
  7. N

Damn, that sucks - why wouldn't they just update it to the latest? Is there something that'd hold them back?
  8. N

Car got just back from the garage and they said they updated it to the latest software, is this true? Worth mentioning that it's working as expected so far and seems swift enough :)
  9. N

Dash rattle

Does anyone's car doors rattle when music is fairly loud? Any fix?
  10. N

Taking my car in 9th March to get a bunch of things sorted out, hoping new update will be out in the UK by then!
  11. N

Golf 8 - Centre Console Storage

I just put the key there & a microfibre cloth to get rid of prints after a while atm
  12. N

Not sure what the deal is really. Thankfully I can live with this problem until then. Am happy I have 2 years warranty left on this car for these reasons. Hoping to make a list of any other issues that may occur during this time. Hopefully I can get the latest software update then too!
  13. N

Update - I called the dealer/service centre and they've booked me in for 2 months time to take a look at this issue under warranty.
  14. N

Thank you for the detailed response. I can confirm that the volume and temp stuff are working perfectly as expected but yes, the sliders under the infotainment aren't functioning at all and I've tried everything. It's quite concerning to hear that there's no way of disabling or enabling them. I...
  15. N

Hello! Just bought myself a 2020 MK8 1.5 eTSI MHEV Life and I simply cannot figure out how to activate/use the touch sliding controls (for volume and temperature) under the infotainment screen. Is it disabled on my car or something? Is this a fault? If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd...