GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Had the OTA to 1941 yesterday as well, 2023 GTE. Was distracted, what exactly does this update do/fix? I see mostly reference to the Harman Kardon system, which doesn't matter to us as GTE owners (since it's not an option in the GTE), apart from that i can kinda find mostly.. zilch. I certainly...
  2. M

Mk8 Orders

In Cyprus maybe - not in the UK. Here most cars come with a standard sound system (even hot models), H/K is always optional.
  3. M

Mk8 Orders

Likely H/K - last i heard, they have a severe backlog. Not that it matters, really.
  4. M

Matrix Headlights

I agree, compared to our prior car (Ateca with normal LEDs/automatic high beam) it's a revelation. So much easier on the eye, sadly basically rules out any car without Matrix LEDs for the future lol, can't see me go back to normal LEDs. Yes, we do have those outlines - we noticed that...
  5. M

Matrix Headlights

Not quite sure what in particular mean by "shadow"? The headlights can't really illuminate behind a crest. In general, our IQ lights throw "shadow" where it suspects a car to be. It could well be that it mistakes the reflection of those mile markers as oncoming traffic, since it's not looking...
  6. M

Option to disable data transfer on USB-C?

Correct - it WOULD have worked, but it turns out the camera only works with USB-A to USB-C cables, not C to C for some reason. Did get a low profile 12V adaptor, works/looks decent enough. Camera being a Viofo 139 Pro.
  7. M

Keyless door handle - sometimes.

One other suggestion: keep your phone away from the key. There appears to be signal interference - if my phone is in my right side pocket (close to the door when unlocking) with the key front right trousers pocket, the car will not unlock. I had the exact same issue with my MY19 Ateca KESSY.
  8. M

Mk8 Orders

Well, it does say to "fully charge the battery before long journeys (Page 260 battery care)" which would be redundant if you're expected to always fully charge the battery anyway. I do agree that particularly in the current weather 80% is a bit on the low end, and i'll probably end up just...
  9. M

Mk8 Orders

I do understand the "feeling" that you're getting an older model, but it's still a brand new car. And it's likely to work much better than the 8.5, as well as very likely to be cheaper. It does suck, but it's not the end of the world. We just got ours this week, and i love it not an iota less...
  10. M

Mk8 Orders

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the "reserved" part of the battery is the bottom, not the top, no? To prevent deep-discharge (which leads to boiling the electrolyte/puffing, and will damage your battery). So once your GoM says "0" and battery empty, it still has like 15% charge to preserve itself...
  11. M

Mk8 Orders

And there she is. Didn't take many pictures because i wanted to drive, and now it's raining like mad so no nice pictures happening. All worries were pointless, the car's super comfy, working as it is supposed to (didn't notice any jerking or anything). Love wireless AA, love everything. Now...
  12. M

Mk8 Orders

Well even if not, not much i can do there - after 14 months, i'm not going to reject the car based on it being too stiff. It's a GTE after all, we knew it wasn't going to be "plush". I'm just excited lol, 55 minutes and we'll take off, last journey in good ol' blue and into the new one...
  13. M

Mk8 Orders

Eases the concerns a little, thanks. :D We got LED plus "style" lights on our current car, works fine but i kinda don't really see the point, i usually am faster turning them off/on manually. Do the IQ lights react to reflective signs? We got a few huge roadsigns around here (12-15ft tall)...
  14. M

Mk8 Orders

Yeah, bit like us then.. ordered when the console was matte, got changed to piano black mid-order. Was kind of miffed about it in the beginning, but now it's a bit like "whatever". Most curious about the IQ lights now, and the suspension. Didn't opt for DCC, but didn't test drive on the...
  15. M

Mk8 Orders

Cheers, yeah, gonna be a good one. Do you have the matte console, or the piano black one?
  16. M

Mk8 Orders

Glad you got the decent wheels - the standard rims are, imho, just ugly. We did go for winter pack as well, because our current car has them and we got used to them - nice and toasty cheeks. We do also have the camera as well as the HUD (mainly because i never had a HUD and was curious) -...
  17. M

Mk8 Orders

Cheers, yeah gonna be a good day today. :D Looks actually quite good in black with the Bakerfields - our demonstrator was black but on the poverty spec rims, didn't like it. What did you spec, or rather, what did come with it?
  18. M

Mk8 Orders

Well, today's the day - leaving in 4.5 hours for the car, can't sleep anymore lol. Lots of expectation/excitement built up in the last 14/15 months, so.. meh. Lotsa coffee it is, and a last drive in our old trusty steed to Greggs for some sandwiches.
  19. M

Mk8 Orders

I'm actually "fine" with it.. Haven't seen it in ours yet obviously - but in an R that they had in the showroom. I still am not a fan of piano black, and i was pretty pissed when they changed it - but it could be worse, it genuinely doesn't look that bad. But yeah, i'll post pics on friday...
  20. M

Mk8 Orders

From the presentation video - weeee!