GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

Well, it's been a while since I was on this forum but during the period of my 25 months & 17 days wait for my GTE (who's counting!) I'm now back with two (2) ongoing problems. I should say that I only took ownership in September 2023, so very young. 1. I have encountered a number of messages...
  2. D

Mk8 Orders

Well At last I took ownership on 2nd September after 25 months & 17 days. Photos below.
  3. D

Mk8 Orders

The order for my GTE was July 2021. It took until the end of June 2023 to complete and get it shipped to UK. I was told it was at Grimsby then after 3 weeks was advised it was actually at at Killinghome. Some documentation problem delayed things further. Delivery to the dealer is due on Monday...
  4. D

Mk8 Orders

Well here we are into August and no sign of my GTE leaving the port of Grimsby. It's looking like being a 73 plate registration when it was originally planned to be a 21 plate. Can you believe these wait times???
  5. D

Mk8 Orders

Thanks for the pictures. I'll reciprocate when I get it. I have gone for comfort: Standard 17" wheels, Leather interior, Metallic Atlantic Blue Paint, Head-up Display, Rear Camera and a Swivel Towing Bracket for a cycle rack.
  6. D

Mk8 Orders

Well I'm still waiting for my GTE, ordered in July 2021. It is now stuck Grimsby Port and has been for at least 3 weeks. Hopefully I will not have toooooo much longer to wait. RAMMIX - It would be great to see some photos of wheels? With regards to your age, you have many years but I've been...
  7. D

Mk8 Orders

Well my tale of woe continues. On Thursday 6 July I received a call to say that my GTE was in the country and was expected to be delivered on Friday 7th or Monday 10th. No show. The following week I was told there is a hold-up at the UK port (don't know which one). So here we are, still waiting...
  8. D

Mk8 Orders

I think I'd stick with the car it is definitely the cheaper option!!
  9. D

Mk8 Orders

At long last my GTE is at the dealership and after a few additional extras to be completed by them, I am hope that by the next week end it will be ready for collection. If this happens it will be 10 days short of a waiting time of TWO YEARS. Woopeee!!!
  10. D

Mk8 Orders

I am still waiting for my GTE which should have been manufactured Wk20 and expect delivery in 3/4 weeks. However I do have an Owners Manual. I have extracted the relevant section on Deactivating the Keyless Entry , see attached. I think the temporary deactivation is self explanatory and is...
  11. D

Mk8 Orders

I have moved to 'status 20' and the build date of week 20. That was last week. Still waiting for an update but I don't expect to see the car until mid to end of June, hopefully!!
  12. D

Mk8 Orders

Looks superb and well worth waiting for. I can't wait for my GTE ordered in July 2021. Now status 20 and should be in the build process this week. I still have at least a month to wait for delivery.
  13. D

Mk8 Orders

I ordered My GTE mid July 2021. I have just moved from status 10 to 20, with a build date of week 2. Yes that is this week. Fingers crossed I should be driving it by the end of June.
  14. D

The latest on my Golf GTE is now at status 20 and a build date of week 20, if all goes to plan...

The latest on my Golf GTE is now at status 20 and a build date of week 20, if all goes to plan. That puts the wait at 22 months although I have no doubt that it will take a further month to deliver. Fingers crossed XX.
  15. D

Mk8 Orders

If you're looking for a GTI in standard build with no extras you may find it comes with a DSG transmission (Direct Shift Gearbox). This can be used as an automatic or manual operation using paddles on the steering column, if that is OK. Yes there are very long waiting times for some models...
  16. D

Mk8 Orders

Well look on the positive side, you won't have as long to wait now as you have already!! you and I are in the same boat. However every cloud etc. Whilst your waiting the value is going up. Keep in touch.
  17. D

Mk8 Orders

As you may of seen from my 'rants' I have had date after date for my GTE. I am interested if you had any extras on your car, eg leather seats, head-up display etc. However I believe my delay is base on the Hybrid design? who knows?
  18. D

Mk8 Orders

I have just spoken to my dealership about my GTE and they have given me a provisional build date of week 20. However, it is not a firm date until I move from status 10 to status 20. It was also suggested that some of the delay may be down to leather interior and the head-up display. Overall it...
  19. D

Mk8 Orders

As long as you have a contract and placed a deposit, it would be unwise to cancel as your vehicle is increasing in value, month by month
  20. D

Mk8 Orders

Well, we are now at the 20 month mark and no sign of a firm build date or any other date having regularly been in contact with the dealer without receiving a response.