GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. M

My Mk8 wont accelerate above 4k rpm while in-gear!

This is a stock six-speed. less than 3000 miles and never tracked. I also have a yellow Central system warning light. Happened suddenly while I was merging onto a highway. I went back home and shut the car off for 30 minutes. When I returned, I started the car and the warning light was off. I...
  2. M

How sturdy is this manual transmission?

Is this the first Golf to use this 6MT unit? What kind of service record does it have? Is it prone to failure or sturdy?
  3. M

Getting yellow warning lights

The lights went out about a week ago and never came back on. Again, the car drives fine so I am going to chalk this one up to software failure rather than a true mechanical problem
  4. M

Getting yellow warning lights

Central system warning and Engine control malfunctioning. Car drives and sounds fine. Has about 1200 miles on it. Car has never been tracked. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
  5. M

1k oil change?

I just sold my Mk6. Best car I ever owned!
  6. M

1k oil change?

Do these cars need an oil change after the first thousand miles? Dealership tells me fist OC is at 10k
  7. M

Manual, having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd gear

Well what does this valve do and why is it part of the clutch assembly?
  8. M

Manual, having trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd gear

This is not my first manual car; drove a manual for ten years previously. For some reason its hard to make a smooth transition from first to second. Either the car stutters or simply stalls. I have been doing some research and have found that earlier Gti marks have had the same issue in the...