GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Component Protection active fix

On many cold start-ups component protection goes active. This make the infotainment screen not work, so no music or HVAC controls. To my car, it seems to happen about 15% of the time I cold start my car when it is below 40 degrees F out. Holding the power button on the S model for ten seconds...
  2. D

Component Protection Active

I have a 2023 MK 8 GTI and get this message often. Normally occurs on dewy mornings or when it is raining. Any known fixes for this, seems to be a common issue. The dealer is looking at it now. Below is the software version I am on and no updates are available to me.
  3. D

18" Pretoria Wheel - Black

This is an OEM wheel for the MK 7. Has anyone seen how it looks on a MK 8. Thinking about picking up a used set off Facebook marketplace for my black MK 8. https://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen__GTI/18-Pretoria-Wheel---Black/69588887/5G0071498AAX1.html
  4. D

Intake Warranty

I pick up my Mk GTI S in a week. I want to add an aftermarket intake because I love hearing intake sounds. I have never owned a new car. Will this void my warranty in any way?
  5. D

Adding LED Light Bar to GTI S

Is it possible to add the LED light bar that is on the front grill of the higher trims onto a base model gti. The link below looks to be the part I am looking for, but I am not sure of ease of installation or if the base trim has the proper wiring already. Has anyone tried this add-on to the S...