GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. K

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

I am no expert but my car has the same hardware versions as yours but updated itself over the air from 1900 to 1941 a month or so ago. I didn't need to involve the dealer. Maybe you could ask them why it hasn't updated to 1941?
  2. K

Doors suddenly lock with a double 'click'?

My wife's UK model has the deadlocks (SAFE lock as VW calls it) but just one click when locking. Does the LED on the door flash when locked?
  3. K

Keyless entry.

In the UK keyless start is standard but keyless entry is extra (on Life and Style models - not sure about others)
  4. K

Keyless entry.

Had a Fiesta with keyless for 9 years with no problems. No problems with the Golf keyless so far although it has had a fob battery change after just 8 months. I think that is to do with the way the fob operates when it is in range, not specifically keyless. I have mine set to NOT unlock on...
  5. K

Keyless entry.

Also, the key has a fairly limited range in keyless mode. Don't put it in an RF shielded holder.
  6. K

New 8.5 GTI showcased through press release on I.D 7 - Chat GPT

It's in that location on mine already.
  7. K

Music on USBs

Also, you can just buy an adaptor for the USB-C to use your old USB stick
  8. K

Error Messages When Starting Vehicle

Low battery? Vehicles with lots of electronics seem to throw up lots of spurious errors if the battery is low when they start.
  9. K

Parking break binding

If I have put my golf in the garage wet, it makes quite a clunk when the brake comes off, particularly if it has been left a day or two. I guess you could turn off the brake manually rather than relying on the car doing.
  10. K

Infotainment making clicking sound and calling breakdown

Well, it happened again so my wife took it to VW. They say it is a problem with the module in the roof so they have ordered a new one. They have seen a few cars with the same problem.
  11. K

Golf 8 - Wireless Charging behaviour

No cover on wife's 2023 Style 1.5 etsi 150.
  12. K

Key battery

The battery is not rechargeable.
  13. K

My wife's car also was showing "poor signal" when trying to call breakdown so it sounds like the same problem. Waiting for the car to finish the 1941 update so we will see ...
  14. K

This forum is slow to open (VW must be involved).

Same problem with the website
  15. K

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

My wife's car now has OTA for 1941 popping up. As it has been relatively trouble free ( just a couple of hiccups in the 6 months since she got it) I am wondering whether to stick with the 1900 it has installed or risk the update. Any suggestions?
  16. K

I would have expected that any attempt to call breakdown would have logged a fault code.
  17. K

Not sure about the clicking sound but my wife's 2023 did something similar once. Kept trying to call breakdown then aborting every few seconds. Trying to reboot the infotainment system didn't help. Fortunately we were only driving a few miles and next time we used the car it was fine. Not...
  18. K

Key battery

Sounds like a faulty key.
  19. K

Key battery

I am not surprised the batteries have a short life - whenever my key moves the light flashes and I presume it is looking for the car, even if I'm nowhere near it.