GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. avenali312

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

This. Hoka max cushion are like running on clouds. I replace my shoes every year or 300 miles, whatever comes first. I usually have 3 or 4 pair in rotation to make them last longer and for various surfaces. I'm notoriously bad at warming up pre-run haha. I did spend quite a bit of time...
  2. avenali312

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

Look into Jeff Galloway's Run/Walk/Run and come up with a plan. Use a watch or app to make you take walk breaks. I still do this on my long runs after 10 years of running. I target a 11:00 to 12:00 minute pace and run 0.90 miles and take a walk break of 0.10. At this point, I can pretty much do...
  3. avenali312

Yeah, I think I've done 3 or 4 of them at this point. Always lose my big toenails afterwards. Working on that little problem to hopefully go farther in the future haha. Longest was 32 miles in an 11 hour endurance event.
  4. avenali312

On a good day, when I'm trying, I can do like an 8:15 mile. But I rarely run speed days anymore and I just tend to maintain a 10:00 to 12:00 minute pace on my weekday maintenace runs. My best 50k is an 8:12:56 with about 4,000 feet of elevation gain. That time was about 50 minutes faster than...
  5. avenali312

Yeah, most of my events are ultramarathons or trail/mountain running races. Mountain bike is mostly just for some cross-training. Edit: Runner is a strong term. I mostly power hike up any serious elevation and run the flats and descents haha.
  6. avenali312

Board of Director's meeting for my undergrad alumni association Run somewhere between 8-10 miles Bleed some air out of my mountain bike brakes so I don't die
  7. avenali312

I don't think I ever saw a gator for the four years we lived in Jacksonville (technically Orange Park/Oakleaf) even though we were surrounded by retention ponds. Always loved the "someone that grew up around something versus a n00b" reaction in this PGA Tour video...
  8. avenali312

How many miles? I'll have days where it takes a good hour and a half to get home, which is about 14 miles haha.
  9. avenali312

What the hell is up with these advertisement banners!!!

Between Adguard DNS on my phone and Adblock Plus on my desktop, I never see ads on this site 🤷‍♂️
  10. avenali312

Setting up administrative stuff like taxes and benefits for a state that your company doesn't currently reside in can be a nightmare. I had this happen to a friend that moved to California. They basically made him become an independent contractor and find his own insurance and stuff.
  11. avenali312

I was scrolling too fast and thought you mounted that to the hatch like an effing Jeep 5th wheel.
  12. avenali312

Got it, thanks. Looks like there are a couple of things you can check to see if the LPFP is working harder than it needs to, which might indicate it's failing.
  13. avenali312

Logging is kind of new to me, so I was really just throwing spaghetti at the wall on what parameters to check. This was yesterday after the car was up to temp, shut off and sat for 30 minutes, and then restarted (which it did perfectly normal)...
  14. avenali312

Nah, not hours, like 30-45 minutes, so more of a warm start issue. Been tracking it for a while here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/stumbling-start-intermittently-so-thats-fun-still-not-fixed-apparently.441217/ This thread over at the "other forum" describes it almost...
  15. avenali312

Would you all trust a HPFP from Aliexpress? :ROFLMAO: It's the next piece to try in my intermittent long-crank-to-start saga based on some anecdotal evidence I recently read. Domestically, the T revision is like double the cost of the current N on my car...
  16. avenali312

I installed my first ZhongZhong Aliexpress order yesterday haha. H6 sized battery blanket.
  17. avenali312

Well, it took two weeks, but all of my extended lab tests came back (basically everything related to diabetes) and they're all normal. So, apparently, I'm just "prone to hypoglycemia" at the moment. Might be looking into an endocrinologist to see if it's more related to the Hashimoto's, and if...