GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. cb1111

Any NAS gurus here (Network Attached Storage)

I have a QNAP and a WD MyBook EX NAS and would like to back up my 6 computers in the house to the NAS wirelessly, but not have the NAS accessible from outside the house. Ideally, I'd then back up one of the NAS boxes to an external HD weekly, that I would then keep off-site. Any thoughts on...
  2. cb1111

Mideast Thread Where AbSolUteLY nO Effort Is Put Into Thread Titles

Please - no personal attacks If someone is smart enough to drive a Golf/GTI then they are smart enough to have a rational discussion If your only goal posting here is to annoy someone, then please don't post. Feel free to post in the "other thread that shall not be named", because that's how...
  3. cb1111

What's the best (free) software for creating a video?

My wife needs to create a video recording (about two hours long) that will be accessed via a link (Dropbox, Box or the like). She's running a Wndows computer (32Gb memory, 1Tb etc. - so pretty loaded, but just onboard graphics) and will be using a Jabra Speak 750 speakerphone and either a Jabra...
  4. cb1111

It'll be interesting to read the background on this

Michigan wheel manufacturer raided by FBI (msn.com)
  5. cb1111

Who knows about Macs

I'm completely Mac illiterate. My sister has two old (one very old) Mac laptops that no longer boot (the newer one is missing the battery and the other one starts to boot then powers down She has photos on the laptops that she'd like to get off. Can I just pull the hard drives, stick them into...
  6. cb1111

Television recommendations

In my home office I have a 2008 Samsung 46 inch 720p TV that is starting to die (periodically gets a vertical black line about a third in - not awful but annoying) and the thing is ancient - I probably got my money's worth. In my family room I have a 50 inch Samsung UN50H5203AFXZA (so mid level...
  7. cb1111

Who can talk to me about hardware VPNs

I have a client with three offices - DC, Albuquerque and Germany. It is one person operation. His main office is in DC and while he uses a VPN for security on the road, he'd like something that won't slow him down (like a regular VPN) and requires zero skills once set up at his other offices...
  8. cb1111

Stellantis (FCA) going electric

and each company has their own motto Abarth - „Heating Up People, But Not the Planet“ Alfa Romeo - „From 2024, Alfa Becomes Alfa e-Romeo“ Chrysler - „Clean Technology for a New Generation of Families“ Citroën - „Citroën Electric: Well-Being for All!“ Dodge - „Tear up the streets… But Not the...
  9. cb1111

Anybody running Win 11?

Upgrade was no different from the usual Win10 updates. Search bar gone and replaced by an icon - so an additional step to look for something, but I suspect few people used the search bar. Start button and all of the task bar icons centered now (that takes some getting used to) Those goofy tiles...
  10. cb1111

anybody else having "quote" issues with Firefox

Recently - last week or so - whenever I click "quote", it'll open the reply box but won't quote the message. I've updated Firefox, restarted the computer, but it still has the issue. Any thoughts?