GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Rant--reflector deletes/covers are the blank buttons of the exterior

I never said anything about people outside LA or that different cars should be made
  2. S

I guess that's a difference of opinion. If it's not a smooth surface like the front side markers, then it's so clear to me that there should be an amber/orange reflective strip and the contours throw off the whole look to me, color matched or reflective red. I see a few Audi and Porsche with...
  3. S

The blacking out the rear badge looks especially bad if you don't get the color-matched background. If I had all the money in the world, I'd have the side markers "shaved", i.e. take the bumper off, get some body filler where the reflectors go, and then get it sanded and painted.
  4. S

I follow a lot of car-related pages on IG and every single goddamn day there's cars with its reflectors covered up with vinyl/paint/whatever. It irks me to no end that a safety feature would be bypassed and poorly at that! You can still see the indentations and the body lines where the...
  5. S

Golf vs Long Golf?

I am considering getting a more comfortable daily to complement my 2009 Miata. I never found the Golf to be lacking in storage space. Sure, on a Sportswagen I wouldn't have to take off the front wheel of my bike, but having that much space just seemed excessive to me. However, I have never...
  6. S

The bored at home / COVID19 / Working from home thread

My company has been work-from-home since March 20th...good riddance as I take the bus to work (unusual for a Los Angeles resident) and I've been seeing even the bus get emptier and emptier. Hopefully this teaches people to (1) take sanitation more seriously, (2) think more about the importance...
  7. S

My GF doesn't coast while driving

I've been telling her, if she can read their license plate clearly, then you are too close. It's getting a little better. Before, I could read the month and year of registration!
  8. S

The driver that makes me the most nauseous would be my father. He coasts, but when he's on either brakes he's stomping on 'em. Which is weird, because he used to drive my brother's old Impreza whose throttle pedal went from zero to 100 if you didn't get on it with the grace of a ballerina. I...
  9. S

I try not to be a couch quarterback when someone else is driving. I'm not the perfect driver and neither is anyone else I've met. However, for all the faults I've seen while driving, this one drives me up the wall the most. My GF, when driving, does not coast. She is either on the gas or the...
  10. S

MKIV Golf GTIs

You might have better luck posting on vwvortex
  11. S

Golf Family (R, GTI Golf) Named one of 10 Best for 2019

Yup, it's amazing where consistency will take you these days. Essentially since the mk5 days, so spanning well over a decade, small incremental changes have gotten us 3 generations of the GTI without glaring flaws (well, timing chain tensioner aside). The Si has had a few misses, and made one...