GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fauMkVGTI

Emissions Cheating in the Automotive Industry

Speaking of Diesels, I keep seeing a number of essentially brand new (<100 miles) 2016 Touareg TDIs for sale on Autrotrader. I'm surprised they are still out there and even more surprised they are selling for essentially MSRP ($65k+++).
  2. fauMkVGTI

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

Based on the picture it looks like GTIFan is well into his 50s (if that's him with the hat) which is mind-blowing. I honestly thought with his level of insults he was in his late teens/early 20's.
  3. fauMkVGTI

Anyone else considering the new Cadillac Blackwing models?

Early/mid 2013 when you count the official release in Europe.
  4. fauMkVGTI

Anyone else considering the new Cadillac Blackwing models?

I absolute love the new Blackwing models but will never buy one unless I come into a ton of money. I just went on Cadillac's website and configured one that came out to $115k. :eek:
  5. fauMkVGTI

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... WW3 Is 2 Days Away - Another Distraction From This Administration's Epic Fails

I'll respond to this quote first and then I'll respond to some other points you made. The word fascism is thrown around way to loosely these days. Calling the right or moderates in this country fascist is just crazy. I have family members that dealt with fascism first hand and died at the hand...
  6. fauMkVGTI

Mature response. How about you actually retort with a point and prove me wrong.
  7. fauMkVGTI

This thread here is the perfect microcosm of the modern America, two sides heavily divided thinking they are right. Pretty sad how things have changed in the 24 years since I moved to the US, when it still felt like one nation. This is exactly what the political system wants (both Democrats and...
  8. fauMkVGTI

Should I buy an R32?

Little update. I went and checked the car out this weekend. It's in great shape inside and out and even comes with a folder of service receipts. Took it for a drive and was honestly unimpressed, I'm sure I'll catch some heat for that. The engine note is great for a 6 cylinder engine but besides...
  9. fauMkVGTI

Should I buy an R32?

Not sure you can go by Edmunds. Per Edmunds a 2004 R32 should be around $4k in clean condition which we know doesn't exist.
  10. fauMkVGTI

Should I buy an R32?

True, I could always put it on BaT (Bring a Trailer) and sell it at an insanely inflated price.
  11. fauMkVGTI

Should I buy an R32?

So....one of my coworkers has a UG R32 with just 45k miles on it and recently put it up for sale asking $20k. He's in his 50's, original owner, and the car is a garage queen. I jokingly told him that I'll buy it but it's overpriced so he said I can have it for $17k. I've been out of the MkV game...
  12. fauMkVGTI

Back in a GTI

Been wanting to get back into a GTI ever since I sold my '07. I've waited for the right car and finally found it. Bought a black 2013 GTI Autobahn with all the options from an older guy that kept it in a garage since new. 19k miles for $19k. The price was a little higher than I wanted to pay...
  13. fauMkVGTI

Underwhelmed

I've sold my MKV GTI in Europe last year after shipping it there two years ago due to work. I've spent the last year riding public transportation or renting cheap Renaults or Opels if needed. Last week I came back to the States for good and today I figured I will go car shopping because living...
  14. fauMkVGTI

Took a job overseas

Got a great job offered in Europe and accepted. Looks like I'll be heading across the pond for a few years. Looking at car prices I think it's worth it to bring my GTI. Could probably almost sell it for what I paid for it new here.
  15. fauMkVGTI

Hats off to you guys in the midwest, etc.

I have to say, I don't know how you guys do it. Driving around with slammed VW's, etc. I've driven in a few Norther and Midwestern states, the most recent one being Nebraska (Omaha area) while visiting some family (wife's side). I think we encountered more potholes within the first mile than...
  16. fauMkVGTI

This guy is awesome and insane at the same time...

Guy racing his C6 ZO6 (that car is pure sex) in the rain. http://www.mtiracing.com/artmaverick/roadatlantainthe.html