GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1961 Triumph TR3

1L19

Autocross Champion
I guess this is the best place to post this... went to pick up my pizza and this is what I found in the parking lot. Just shot with my Pixel 4a and I'm not a photographer but... that ride is minty fucking fresh.

PXL_20210720_222833450.jpg

PXL_20210720_222823166.jpg

PXL_20210720_223445123.MP.jpg

PXL_20210720_223450015.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
My dad had one when I was a kid. I've been eyeing a TR4 that's prepped for vintage racing that's for sale near me. It's been hard not to borrow tow it home and tell me wife it was a stray and ask if I can keep it if clean up after it's oil leaks.

1L19

Autocross Champion
My dad had one when I was a kid. I've been eyeing a TR4 that's prepped for vintage racing that's for sale near me. It's been hard not to borrow tow it home and tell me wife it was a stray and ask if I can keep it if clean up after it's oil leaks.

Well that's a lot prettier than my Dad's car but I'd still love to get my hands on one. Gentleman I give you the 1969 Oldsmobile Toronado.

1969 Toronado.jpg

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
My grandfather had a Spitfire. I've always had a soft-spot for Triumphs...

Phur

Autocross Champion
1628236606445.jpeg

I saw this Triumph at a really cool automotive museum. I fell in love. The shop mechanic/detailer had it in the garage making sure that everything was in order and cleaning it back up. It had enjoyed a track day the day before.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
I worked at a shop 20 years ago in Illinois that specialized in British vehicles. I still have the MG badge on my work bench from the first car I was tasked with dismantling for parts.
I like the TR3 as well as the MGA. Great lines on those cars. We also had a Sunbeam Tiger roll through the shop at one point.
Our main attraction was a kit car we were distributors for called a Birkin. It is a Lotus Super 7 replica. Fun times!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I dailied a 1970 MK3 Spitfire for years. One of the cars I miss. Polished intake, headers, custom exhaust and suspension. No pics :(

CSB: I could reach out and back and touch the rear tire while driving. I only did that once....took about 1/16" off my fingertips. :eek:

1L19

Autocross Champion
Everyone should own a Brit car or two sometime in their life. (y)

Nice TR3, but it needs some patina. ;)
I thought went that you can't be a true petrol head until you've owned an Alfa Romeo? Well Clarkson says so anyway. Personally I'd have Jag or an Aston Martin any old day of the week. Number one dream car is a 2004 Aston Martin DB9 in frosty blue. Mmmmmmmm

Last edited:

1L19

Autocross Champion
View attachment 221935
I saw this Triumph at a really cool automotive museum. I fell in love. The shop mechanic/detailer had it in the garage making sure that everything was in order and cleaning it back up. It had enjoyed a track day the day before.
Something about that car just screams "come on! lets go! gogogogogo!". I'd love to give it a go for a few laps.

1L19

Autocross Champion
I worked at a shop 20 years ago in Illinois that specialized in British vehicles. I still have the MG badge on my work bench from the first car I was tasked with dismantling for parts.
I like the TR3 as well as the MGA. Great lines on those cars. We also had a Sunbeam Tiger roll through the shop at one point.
Our main attraction was a kit car we were distributors for called a Birkin. It is a Lotus Super 7 replica. Fun times!
It didn't happen unless there are pictures! Least you can do is give us a snap of the MG badge on your bench. :)

1L19

Autocross Champion
Perfect patina. They are only original once. As time goes by I find original means more to me than it used to.

Man I see that and the first thing I wonder is if it runs at all... or even has an engine! Gorgeous though... no doubt.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I thought went that you can't be a true petrol head until you've owned an Alfa Romeo? Well Clarkson says so anyway. Personally I'd have Jag or an Aston Martin any old day of the week. Number one dream car is a 2004 Aston Martin DB9 in frosty blue. Mmmmmmmm

I have always loved Alfa's, but never came on one I could afford. Also love the old Aston's. Prices on those are through the roof & going higher.

Here's a couple of Alfa pictures for you.