GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1rst attempt at HDR

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Awesome shot(s). The lens effect makes the cockpit look like a spaceship!
What camera/lens combo are you using?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Awesome shot(s). The lens effect makes the cockpit look like a spaceship!
What camera/lens combo are you using?

Thanks! I used a bogen tripod, D2X body with a 10.5mm fisheye, remote cord to open the shutter and (2) multi max transcievers w/a SB-800 flash to illuminate the interior.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Thanks! I used a bogen tripod, D2X body with a 10.5mm fisheye, remote cord to open the shutter and (2) multi max transcievers w/a SB-800 flash to illuminate the interior.

I'm a canon man myself (got a 400d) but I had a play with a d300 the other day... daaaamn that was a nice camera :) the d2x is meant to be pretty damn awesome as well.
Next lens on my list is a proper 18-55 to replace my horrible kit lens.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
I'm a canon man myself (got a 400d) but I had a play with a d300 the other day... daaaamn that was a nice camera :) the d2x is meant to be pretty damn awesome as well.
Next lens on my list is a proper 18-55 to replace my horrible kit lens.

Its all good, i started with a Minolta X-700 ( bet you neverheard of that body - haha ) and then graduated to Nikon a few years later, shot film/slides forever and went to digital kicking and screaming in 2004. I have a D3 on order, cannot wait for that since i am a sports photographer by trade and the high iso ability of the D3 has leveled the playing field with canon - they have had the edge long enough :) Dave Black has tested one and mentioned a 4 or 5 stop iso improvement over the D2Xs ...woot woot

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Just curious - does anyone who has been doing HDR for awhile now have a workflow posted anywhere? Photomatix Pro seems to leave you alot of options, wondered if anyone had a workflow that worked well for them - Thanks

Turbo

Ready to race!
Nice HDR! Have fun with it.

My 2¢: I'd clone out the airbag warnings on the visors. I find my eye keeps drifting to there.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Nice HDR! Have fun with it.

My 2¢: I'd clone out the airbag warnings on the visors. I find my eye keeps drifting to there.

Thanks, i considered that but the intensity of the shadow the drifts across it from left to right would call for some serious clone stamp ability to make it smooth and i just dont have the patience for that, i try to keep the workflow simple, good in, good out. plus i like the realism and detail, although the visors being smooth would look nice if done well, if you look close enough you can see fingerprints, its amazing what HDR will pulll out.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
not sure that HDR works for this type of shot, but you definitely have the concept down! now go shoot some of just the car!

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
not sure that HDR works for this type of shot, but you definitely have the concept down! now go shoot some of just the car!

I will do some of the car on the outside, but everyone does HDR of the outside of their car or in a parking garage or alley or country road, i tried this just to be different, i think with all photography, not just HDR... beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) I had never seen an HDR long exposure, so i thought, why not?

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
And here is just ONE of the 3 frames, this is the original shot, imported into photoshop, resized, just a touch of sharpening and a pinch of levels is all i did to this one.

that is the best of the ones you posted.

and i think someone needs to just post an official HDR thread since there are like 5 threads of people trying to achieve this effect.

something i see though, is people using hdr when it's unnecessary at all really.