GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0tsi jumped timing - Where do I go from here?

OceanicERAC

My GTI finally did it, 126k miles, parts came in the mail 2 days before. What options do I have?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
A used motor, or rebuild what you've got. Chances are it's just some bent valves.
Get those, a head gasket kit with valve stem seals and you could be back in business.
Parts are relatively cheap, just need time and tools.

HotLikeSauce

Passed Driver's Ed
Take it to vw. There is a class action lawsuit going on for it. May be covered

You can try but the deadline already passed and the cut off is 120k miles. You can try but they are pretty strict about it. When I called to see if I could get comped for proactively addressing the revision, they said you needed an actual loss. Might be better off contacting the attorneys who are leading the class action suit.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Think I usually see car-part.com linked in threads like this.

Sorry man.

Grannycar

Ready to race!
You can try but the deadline already passed and the cut off is 120k miles. You can try but they are pretty strict about it. When I called to see if I could get comped for proactively addressing the revision, they said you needed an actual loss. Might be better off contacting the attorneys who are leading the class action suit.

It’s worth a shot? ??*♂️ Oven been waiting patiently for them to come to a conclusion on it. Has anyone received any compensation for this yet?
Not trying to hijack your thread as I would def call the 1800 number to see if there is any grace period for this.