GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5L Platform General Chat

Seems like we need a thread where we can simply ask questions/discuss about the 2.5 rather than making new threads of the same thing over and over again.

Feel free to take this in any direction, engine, exhaust, tune, power, brakes etc.. We always go OT talking about the 2.5 in other threads where we should be focusing on the OP's questions.

I'll Start.

So, i will be changing my oil (i believe this would be the 4th oil change I have done) and flushing the brakes (1st time since factory, VW recommends you flush the brakes after 3 years(or heavy usage//high mileage) for the first time, then every 2 years after that.

I think will be the first one to do this on the 2.5 or has anyone done it already? I will post my experience to see how much of a change I feel for having the car for 3 years now and brake usage. I'm pretty sure it will be atleast 30-40% difference.

Last edited:
how many miles you got?

i would think about it after 40k+ miles

but the info you need i broke it down from this source: 2.5 golf mk5/6 - 5 speed manual trans oil change

VW uses a full synthetic oil and it's 1.7 quarts

the Fill plug

the Drain plug

-17 mm allen and you remove both.
- 75W90 gear oil

***torqued to 30 ft-lb.**

You basically fill from "the fill plug until fluid starts to run out. Once it starts to drip Squeeze the bottle HARD until the fluid really starts to gush out...then slap the plug back in. The reason for this is that the full level is a bit above the fill plug base".

this is the gti version:

mk6 GTI 2.0 6 speed trans oil change

Last edited:

Tiggy1

Go Kart Champion
what are the best vagcom mods for the golf?

anyways to make it louder? without spending heaps in exhaust? (asked by me 10000 times)

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Who has the highest mileage here? I'm at 93,000km (57,000 miles) on my 2010.

Vancity - you won't feel any difference really. The reason you are changing the fluid is because it's hydroscopic. Meaning it absorbs water which will eventually rust your brake components. I'm sure the stuff coming out will look nasty though.

dynamiik

Ready to race!
What up people, I was wondering what are your opinions on this exhaust setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvmvKKDTIf0

I personally think it sounds amazing. Way better than any GTI I've heard on the Tube. If I had the funds I would go for something like this.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
I am looking into getting my car tuned and I was wondering if anyone has done this to their 2.5l? I know a couple people have done it with the SRI install but has anyone done just a tune?

Ill be posting comparison videos once I get the tune installed.

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
I am looking into getting my car tuned and I was wondering if anyone has done this to their 2.5l? I know a couple people have done it with the SRI install but has anyone done just a tune?

Ill be posting comparison videos once I get the tune installed.

I have the c2 motorsports 93 octane race file it definitley makes the car more fun to drive but it's nothing that is gonna blow you away I have it paired with the pflo intake

palma

Ready to race!
In for future discussions.

Who has the highest mileage here? I'm at 93,000km (57,000 miles) on my 2010.

Vancity - you won't feel any difference really. The reason you are changing the fluid is because it's hydroscopic. Meaning it absorbs water which will eventually rust your brake components. I'm sure the stuff coming out will look nasty though.

pretty sure you do. you do a lot of highway driving im assuming i have almost 50,000 km, because most of my commutes are to the city. you will have a huge service at 120,000 km's and it will be expensive.

as far as the brake thing, i didn't add that i was thinking maybe i will upgrade the pads as well as the lines, but i don't track here often so fade isn't really an issue. how are your coilpacks doing? did you have any major part change?