GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 Porsche Cayenne S

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Curious if anyone in here has any experience with the first generation Porsche Cayenne's. I'm looking at an older used one potentially for my wife and curious what I can expect. We've owned pretty much VW's exclusively so very familiar with the german cars, but never a Porsche.

As the name states, its a 2006 Cayenne S with 113,000 listed for $9500. It seems as if its been very well taken care of (going to look at it later this week) and in very good condition loaded with just about every feature. If you take care of these, could I expect to get to 200k without dumping a ton of money into (of course routine maintenance stuff).

Thanks for any info that any of you might have on these (the online forums for Cayenne's are basically non-existent, so figured i might get more help in here)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
I will state the obvious. Cool car for the money. Downside is the cost of operation and repair. It can be VERY expensive. The 3.2 and 3.6 V6 motors are solid choice. The V8 are of course more fun to drive but have long list of issues. Hopefully by that mileage those problems have been encountered and fixed. Gas mileage is terrible with any of the motors (thing weighs about 5000 lbs)

Having stated the warning... my wife loved driving our Touareg which is mechanically the same car. We bought it new and had zero issues with it over three years of driving.

A few years ago I bought a 2007 Audi A8 and one of the air shock when out an the part was 1800.00 before labor. Replacing the fuel pumps quote was 2000.00. I had a problem with the headlights 1100.00. Engine developed an oil leak and the dealer just quoted me 3200.00. And those are relatively small thing. Some repairs on your car and mine require engine-out repairs which will run even more. It won't be like owning a Toyota or Honda SUV.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I've been Porsches for over 25 years but I don't know alot about this model. No matter what anyone says, remember there are no cheap Porsches.

My Buddy has first gen V8 Cayenne, he lives out in the country side the only real problem has been the water pipes between the heads and that was fixed some time ago. The mechanic in his necko the woods has been able to handle everything else at neighbourly rates.

Pelican Parts is the best aftermarket vender for Porsche support, this link has a good amount of info on the Cayenne.
https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Porsche_Cayenne_Tech.htm

The price is really attractive, just make sure you get a pre-purchase inspection done by someone who is familiar with this model before you buy.

Good Luck !