GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 GTI's have arrived!!

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
We just took delivery of our first 2008 GTI! White 5-door, manual, interlagos cloth interior, 18" rims with all seasons, sunroof, sirius radio and rear-side airbags! Yes it does have dual-zone climate control!!!! Anyone want it? :cool:

rabbit.ca

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
We just took delivery of our first 2008 GTI! White 5-door, manual, interlagos cloth interior, 18" rims with all seasons, sunroof, sirius radio and rear-side airbags! Yes it does have dual-zone climate control!!!! Anyone want it? :cool:

Would love to buy one but I have to wait until my lease on the volvo is up.

GTIFTW

I'm Luvin it...
I'll get one next year after I purchase a house and get married in aug... prices here in fraser valley BC are crazy 1-2 year old house is 500000-575000 for a 2500-3000 square foot house... will still have enough for the gti when it's all said and done :bellyroll: but man you can get a decent sized house in alberta for that price can't you? :iono: gotta set my priorities but man the test drive I had in this car was so amazing I was about to seriously unload my savings on the car last week :laugh: hope there's nothing too drastic with the changes from 2007-2008.

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey! Ours does have the air diffuser on the top of the dash! Good eye! I have that in my Jetta and I love it! That just makes it that much harder to say no to a GTI.... damnit! lol!

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
straight trade for my 07 with 48.5K km?

gyuri

Ready to race!
Interesting about the Climatronic as I just read in Car and Driver that in the US the climatronic is deleted for the new model year. They were getting it with the leather package while it wasn't even an option in Canada. Now we are getting it standard and it is deleted in the US

Also Raz, did we get the lowered ride height? What about the headlight washers? I thought they were deleted but VW Canada website shows them as standard.

Last edited:

gyuri

Ready to race!
^

That's what I thought so too but now VW Canada site lists them as standard feature. It's either an error or they put them back on for 08. Raz?

placebo

According to the data sheet I saw when ordering my 08 GTI, there is no lowered ride height... although that would be a nice bonus!

Raz

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay - here goes! Standard dual-zone climate control, ride height looks the same to me, although I haven't physically measured it... lol! No headlight washers either.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL